has ethernet cable connection between time capsule and imac priority over WIFI connection
At the time my iMac gets its Internet access over WLAN of a Router/modem.
The connection between airport TimeCapsule and the iMac is also wireless.
After updating to Sierra (coincidence?) I get very often the message that the backup on the TimeCapsule is corrupt, and time machine initiates a new backup. I want to try the next backup over a cable connection between the Computer and the TimeCapsule.
1. What happens if I connect my iMac 27 2012 to the Airport Time capsule per Ethernet cable, but the WLAN on the iMac remains active? Will the connection between the iMac and the TC be through cable or through WLAN?
2. Will the iMac WLAN function?
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Can I use this ethernet cable to connect my Mac to my Time Capsule (wifi is unreliable where we live).
- Asked by James A
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this ethernet cable to connect my Mac to my Time Capsule (wifi is unreliable where we live).)
- Asked about: Belkin CAT6 Ethernet Cable (2 m/6.6…
Can I connect MBA to ethernet port on Time Capsule associated with my iMac?
- Asked by Michael W from Nashville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect MBA to ethernet port on Time Capsule associated with my iMac?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Connecting AP Extreme to gen 3 Time Capsule
- Asked by Mark L from Cumming
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting AP Extreme to gen 3 Time Capsule)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet