I'd like to store the Air Port in a gun safe. what is the max tempurature the device can tollerate? How does it connect to the home network?
2 Answers from the Community
A solid steel gun safe (or any metal box) will make a dandy "Faraday Cage" - google it - blocking all radio and other electromagnetic transmissions from passing through. Wi-fi and all other wireless technologies use radio (in the microwave radio bands). Thus no wi-fi device will work inside it, except to other devices also inside it :-)
- Answered by Jaime G from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
From the website:
Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
Storage temperature: -13° to 140° F (-25° to 60° C)
Okay so as long as you are between the temperatures listed above you will be fine. So it can connect to a home network wirelessly, but depending on the material/thickness of the safe to connection could be awful. If you could some how run an Ethernet cable into the safe that would work (I assume you can since you need to plug it in to a wall somewhere. So, if this doesn't work, you could just get 2 external Thunderbolt/USB hard drive and switch them in and out of the safe. (Use one to backup the first night, then put it in the safe in the morning and switch the two each day or each week.)
- Answered by Brett D from Naperville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility
- Asked by Joseph A from Long Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Can you connect a printer to the airport extreme to allow air printing/wireless printing from other devices such as a macbook or mobile device?
- Asked by George G from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect a printer to the airport extreme to allow air printing/wireless printing from other devices such as a macbook or mobile device?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
I'd like to play netflix from my new mac book onto my Samsung LCD TV using side ports. How do I connect?
- Asked by Stephanie F from Pleasant Prairie
- Flag as inappropriate (I'd like to play netflix from my new mac book onto my Samsung LCD TV using side ports. How do I connect?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter