Does the latest AirPort Extreme (6th generation) support 802.3ad Link Aggregation (LACP)?
I've read answers on earlier versions of the AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule supporting Link Aggregation via the 802.3ad spec. I can find no information confirming nor denying the latest generation supporting it or not.
- Asked by Steven H from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the latest AirPort Extreme (6th generation) support 802.3ad Link Aggregation (LACP)?)
2 Answers from the Community
I wouldn't recommend the Apple Airport for this. I would recommend getting a small Netgear Switch like the Netgear ProSafe GS108T. That will do LACP just as you would like. Easy to configure and you can just plug the thing right into your Airport Extreme. I have this exact setup in my home.
-- 1 MacPro (late2013 - trashcan model )
-- Both Ethernet ports Aggregated to Netgear ProSafe GS108T
-- 1 Netgear ( configured with aggregated Links for Mac Pro )
-- Netgear Plugged into Airport Extreme
I am Apple Certified in both OS X 10.10 and OS X 10.10 Server
I work for a company that is part of the Apple Consultants Network
- Answered by Mark N from Knoxville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Thanks for the answer, Mark. I was interested in LACP to the AirPort Extreme b/c it was going to be my router and WiFi, but attached to a 24-port Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch LITE, which is connected to a NAS and several Cat6 drops through the house. I've since determined I also need some VLANs to isolate some untrusted (IoT) devices on my network, so I needed a router and WiFi APs that could do LAN tagging. In the end, I ditched the AirPort Extreme and installed a pair of Ubiquiti AP-AC-LITEs, and a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter LITE to complement the EdgeSwitch.
Yes, over-engineered for a home network. But ¯\_(ツ)_/¯...
- Answered by Steven H from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the Time Capsule support link aggregation?
- Asked by Jordan H from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Time Capsule support link aggregation?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
No answers yet
Does this case only fit iPhones or ipod touch 6th generation as well?
- Asked by Rebecca R from Indian Head
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case only fit iPhones or ipod touch 6th generation as well?)
- Asked about: iPhone XS Silicone Case — (PRODUCT)…
Does USB ethernet adaptor support LACP (Link aggreation) working with onboart Ethernet on Mac Book Pro?
- Asked by Cristian O
- Flag as inappropriate (Does USB ethernet adaptor support LACP (Link aggreation) working with onboart Ethernet on Mac Book Pro?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter