The modem provided by my internet provider also serves as a wireless router. How will the AirPort Extreme work in this situation? Is it redundant?
I do not understand how the Airport Extreme works when I already have a wi-fi network. What is the difference between the AirPort Express and the Airport Extreme?
2 Answers from the Community
I would recommend turning off the wifi in your cable internet router, as I did. I only use my Airport as a wifi access point, for the same reasons as above.
- Answered by Douglas W W from Castle Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
With ATT or uVerse, you won't be able to use a guest network on the AirPort. Maybe the same with other providers.
You have to pick one of the device to provide DHCP addresses: If you both set up as DCHP, they supposedly conflict.
If you let the wireless router do DHCP, you can use set that up for guests, and use the AirPort (in bridge mode) for your private wireless. That's only necessary if you want to give guests internet access without giving them access to servers and printers.
My Uverse wireless router can't provide a hidden network, so all my neighbors can hack away at it, and since I use it to provide access to the kids for gaming and their friend' phones, the passwords is widely known so I have to change it often.
I have it set up that way at home, and it works (except uVerse is fairly unreliable).
To extend the range with an AirPort Express, it's far easier to connect to an AirPort Extreme.
There is some redundancy, so if you don't need a second wireless, and don't need to extend the range or attach a printer, you might not need the AirPort.
- Answered by K. David C from Mission Viejo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this adaptor work with a USA Spec interface, model # PA 15 TOY
- Asked by Garry W from Sunnyvale
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adaptor work with a USA Spec interface, model # PA 15 TOY)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)
Does this USB come with your IOS device when you get it new? Also, does this plug into an AirPort Express that will give you internet wherever you go?
- Asked by Sara S from Columbia Falls
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this USB come with your IOS device when you get it new? Also, does this plug into an AirPort Express that will give you internet wherever you go?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1m)
How much protection does the case provide?
- Asked by Stan H from Bedford
- Flag as inappropriate (How much protection does the case provide?)
- Asked about: iPhone X Leather Case — (PRODUCT)RE…
No answers yet