My ipad air 2 does not have the lock/unlock option in settings. Will this cover still put it to sleep and wake it up?
2 Answers from the Community
Any cover with the magnetic Smart Cover will work, Apple product or after market. The lock/unlock function on the newest versions (mine is 10.2) is located in Settings........then click on Display & Brightness (previously it was in its own subcategory but now has been moved under this). Slide the Lock/Unlock to the right and it will turn green meaning on. Turn the iPad off and when you turn it back on again it should be working with the Smart Cover.
Whether the Smart Cover is attached or not this control is still in settings. Some responses have incorrectly responded that it is only there if the Smart Cover is attached and sensed.
- Answered by David M from West Paris
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I can now answer my own question. As soon as you put a cover on the Apple Ipad Air2 that has the ability to wake up and to put the device to sleep, the option to lock/unlock with appear under settings, and the cover will automatically put it to sleep and wake it up after that. You don't have to do anything else. It's amazing!
- Answered by Ruby J from Altus
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How do I wake the display from sleep mode?
- Asked by Timo K
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I wake the display from sleep mode?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display
No answers yet
Does Apple Pencil go to sleep even when it has charge left? How to wake it up if no plug in available?
- Asked by Kathryn L from Tampa
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple Pencil go to sleep even when it has charge left? How to wake it up if no plug in available?)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil Tips - 4 pack
does the pencil sleep (or is there a way to put it to sleep) to help save battery life?
- Asked by David H from Fairfield
- Flag as inappropriate (does the pencil sleep (or is there a way to put it to sleep) to help save battery life?)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil