Can I charge the laptop and utilise the HDMI port at the same time with this adapter?
1 Answer from the Community
If it's a MacBook or 13" MacBook Pro, yes the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter can charge it. However the 15" MacBook Pro needs a full 85W to be able to operate fully *and* charge the battery, so if you have that model you will NOT be guaranteed a battery charge through this adapter. After being very frustrated by my laptop not charging I finally found support doc HT207256: "MacBook Pro can receive a maximum of 60W of power through the Apple USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter or USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter. For the best charging performance on MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), connect the power supply directly to your Mac."
- Answered by Stefan W from Lynn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will the Mini Display Port Thunderbolt to DVI VGA HDMI Adapter cable help me get sound and visuals from the tv (not my macbook 2011)
- Asked by Kaye A from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (will the Mini Display Port Thunderbolt to DVI VGA HDMI Adapter cable help me get sound and visuals from the tv (not my macbook 2011))
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Will this work on a mac mini with an hdmi port?
- Asked by Grant W from Watford
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on a mac mini with an hdmi port?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
No answers yet