Will this adapter when used with the new 12" Retina MacBook allow simultaneous Mac charging while also powering a USB portable drive ?
Since the new 12" Retina MacBook has just a USB-C port the issue arises on how an external HD can be attached. If say, one wants a self-powered USB HD access can this be plugged into the adapter with or without the USB-C power cable connected ? If the USB-C power cable is connected to the adapter will it both charge the Mac as well as providing power to the USB self powered HD ? Thanks.
1 Answer from the Community
In my experience, it usually worked, but I also had a larger 4 TB Seagate drive (that actually contained two spinning drives) which would automatically eject. So, for standard one-drive externals, it's fine.
- Answered by Rick M from Simpsonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?
- Asked by Eric M from Accomac
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Can i use 12w usb power adapter to charge my iphone 8?
- Asked by Pravin K from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use 12w usb power adapter to charge my iphone 8?)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
Will this work with 12" macbook power adapter?
- Asked by Donald E
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with 12" macbook power adapter?)
- Asked about: Twelve South PlugBug World Travel C…
No answers yet