Will this connector work for a connection to a MIDI keyboard? It has a USB that's intended to plugin to a PC.
I'd like to have connectivity with my keyboard to both my iPad Mini and iPhone 5s.
1 Answer from the Community
No, I don't believe that's the correct cable. What you're looking at there connects USB to USB-C, which is a new USB standard used on the new MacBook. It won't plug into an iOS device though.
What you want for connecting your MIDI keyboard to your iPad and your 5s is the "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter" that Apple sells. It's basically just a female USB port on one end and a lightning connector on the other. You just need to find out if your keyboard itself will play nicely with iOS. Also, depending on the power requirements of your keyboard, you might need to route it through a powered USB hub because iPads and iPhones don't send a lot of juice out through USB. Something small and low power like a Korg nanoKEY2 is usually fine without a powered hub, but lots of MIDI control devices aren't.
Here's the link for the proper cable.
- Answered by Leigh M from Murfreesboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this 30 pin adapter work iRIG MIDI + iPAD4 and connected keyboard fully, as MIDI IN and also MIDI OUT to control the keyboard?
- Asked by Karel K
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this 30 pin adapter work iRIG MIDI + iPAD4 and connected keyboard fully, as MIDI IN and also MIDI OUT to control the keyboard?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Work to connect MIDI Keyboard to iPhone 5/5s?
- Asked by Dustin P from Huber Heights
- Flag as inappropriate (Work to connect MIDI Keyboard to iPhone 5/5s?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
No answers yet