Can the Lighting to USB 3 Camera Adapter be used to power an external hard drive - when powered?
2 Answers from the Community
It doesn't seem to work currently. I bought the adapter and have been using it with my camera without any issues, but hard drives do not seem to work. I have the adapter powered and have tried both flash drives and hard drives. The camera app opens but there is no functionality to view the drives content. I also tried file explorer apps from the App Store, but none recognise the drive.
- Answered by Matthew C from Visalia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
iOS does not allow you to browse the files on USB drives yet. It will, however, power some of them.
- Answered by Dillon A from Cumberland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you fully power a portable external hard drive with this adapter?
- Asked by Jocelyn B from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you fully power a portable external hard drive with this adapter?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter