Just to be safe.. Will this work with my Macbook Pro? I technically just need the adapter to plug to the wall but its more expensive for the kit.
All I need to know is if this will fit my Macbook Pro and not kill it. My current extension cord is starting to show wires up by the power pack. I lost the little adapter and would rather just buy that because the extension cord is a pain in the tail but I cant find it separate. Just in the world travel kit. So I wanted to just buy another extension cord. But until I know if this will work with my macbook I really dont want to risk harming my computer. Please let me know asap because I have no idea how long it will last, or how safe it is to tape up the wires.
1 Answer from the Community
When you say wires, do you mean you can see exposed copper? or just insulation? if it's the insulation of the inner wires on the cord, just tape it. The outside jacket on that cord is only there to protect the insulated inner wires, and to hold them together. Electrical tape (or even duct tape, really) will be fine as long as there's no exposed conductor.
- Answered by Daniel K from Dover
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this kit include a power block or just the adapters to plug into it?
- Asked by Daniel S from Sammamish
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this kit include a power block or just the adapters to plug into it?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?
- Asked by Brianna H from East Albury
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter