What sort of headphones can you connect to the dock? Obsolete 3.5mm jack ones or lightning ones? If the former, When will there be new dock?
2 Answers from the Community
Both. It can detect if lightning headphones are connected and works as a passthrough device. It can also split the lightning to 3.5mm just as the included adapter does.
- Answered by Jeff C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes you can use the lightning headphones, but there is a catch. If you use the lighting headphones you can't charge your iPhone at the same time, which makes it kinda useless as a dock. Apple really needed to add a separate lighting connection so you could use either type of headphones and still keep the dock connected to computer/outlet for charging. However, they see lighting headphones as merely a stopgap. They want you to go wireless.
- Answered by Kip B from Pasadena
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is the 3.5mm headphone jack adapter a TRRS connector?
- Asked by Joel E from Monroe
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the 3.5mm headphone jack adapter a TRRS connector?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack A…