Am i needed to keep the casing with me all the time or can i just pick and AirPod put it in my ear and leave the case behind? Is it needed?
Does the casing acts as a middle point and transmits recieved bluetooth to AirPods via radio frequency or does the AirPods themselves connect to iPhone etc. and the casing is just for charging?
3 Answers from the Community
No, you don't need the case to be around in order to keep your AirPods connected to a device.
- Answered by Gonçalo M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The case only charges the AirPods, it doesn't have any innate wireless tech. You can only see the case's battery level in the Control Center if one or both AirPods are inside the case. So feel free to leave the case behind and just carry the AirPods, I do.
- Answered by Joseph W from South Riding
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Here is a better answer - it came from Apple's on-line description of the AirPods
Driven by the custom Apple W1 chip, AirPods use optical sensors and a motion accelerometer to detect when they’re in your ears. Whether you’re using both AirPods or just one, the W1 chip automatically routes the audio and engages the microphone. And when you’re on a call or talking to Siri, an additional accelerometer works with beamforming microphones to filter out background noise and focus on the sound of your voice. Because the ultralow-power W1 chip manages battery life so well, AirPods deliver an industry-leading 5 hours of listening time on one charge.(2) And they’re made to keep up with you, thanks to a charging case that holds multiple additional charges for more than 24 hours of listening time.(3) Need a quick charge? Just 15 minutes in the case gives you 3 hours of listening time.(4)
- Answered by Charles M from Virginia Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Do you need to have both buds inserted in your ears for them to work or can you use only one in case you are answering a phone etc
- Asked by Deya E from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need to have both buds inserted in your ears for them to work or can you use only one in case you are answering a phone etc)
- Asked about: Bose® SoundSport® Free Wireless Hea…
do you need a screen protector with this case?
- Asked by Terri L C from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need a screen protector with this case?)
- Asked about: OtterBox Vue Series Case for iPhone…
No answers yet