Am i needed to keep the casing with me all the time or can i just pick and AirPod put it in my ear and leave the case behind? Is it needed?
Does the casing acts as a middle point and transmits recieved bluetooth to AirPods via radio frequency or does the AirPods themselves connect to iPhone etc. and the casing is just for charging?
3 Answers from the Community
The case only charges the AirPods, it doesn't have any innate wireless tech. You can only see the case's battery level in the Control Center if one or both AirPods are inside the case. So feel free to leave the case behind and just carry the AirPods, I do.
- Answered by Joseph W from South Riding
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Here is a better answer - it came from Apple's on-line description of the AirPods
Driven by the custom Apple W1 chip, AirPods use optical sensors and a motion accelerometer to detect when they’re in your ears. Whether you’re using both AirPods or just one, the W1 chip automatically routes the audio and engages the microphone. And when you’re on a call or talking to Siri, an additional accelerometer works with beamforming microphones to filter out background noise and focus on the sound of your voice. Because the ultralow-power W1 chip manages battery life so well, AirPods deliver an industry-leading 5 hours of listening time on one charge.(2) And they’re made to keep up with you, thanks to a charging case that holds multiple additional charges for more than 24 hours of listening time.(3) Need a quick charge? Just 15 minutes in the case gives you 3 hours of listening time.(4)
- Answered by Charles M from Virginia Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, you don't need the case to be around in order to keep your AirPods connected to a device.
- Answered by Gonçalo M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Do these work similar to the AirPods where you can have one ear in and the other in the case while listening to music?
- Asked by Heather J from Sargeant
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these work similar to the AirPods where you can have one ear in and the other in the case while listening to music?)
- Asked about: Bose® SoundSport® Free Wireless Hea…
will the new MBPr still fit into the macbook Arc stand with this case on or will i need to take it off each time i put my mac away?
- Asked by Stacey T
- Flag as inappropriate (will the new MBPr still fit into the macbook Arc stand with this case on or will i need to take it off each time i put my mac away?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Impact Snap Case for MacBook
Will I need to keep Time Capsule hardwired to my cable modem via an ethernet cable at all times? That's going to require a very long cable.....
- Asked by Patricia S from Lyman
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I need to keep Time Capsule hardwired to my cable modem via an ethernet cable at all times? That's going to require a very long cable.....)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB