Can i connect a wacom cintiq with this adapter to a new iMac ? I used to connect my Wacom cintiq 27 hd touch, with a thunderbolt 2 to my old iMac
1 Answer from the Community
You did not connect this with Thunderbolt 2. You connected it with mini DisplayPort. Same connector. Different signals. The Cintiq 27QHD touch uses DisplayPort for the display connection and USB for the peripheral connections. The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter does not pass DisplayPort signals. It is only for Thunderbolt devices. The iMac has Thunderbolt 3 ports which can also output USB, DisplayPort, and HDMI. You need a USB-C (DisplayPort alt mode) to DisplayPort cable or USB-C to DisplayPort adapter.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 - 4k via USB-C when connected to BMD eGPU?
- Asked by Zachary P from Tewksbury
- Flag as inappropriate Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 - 4k via USB-C when connected to BMD eGPU?
is this the same as thunderbolt 2 connection? Late 2015 imac 27" is thunderbolt 2.. I need to transfer old files off an old drive.
- Asked by Anthony M from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate is this the same as thunderbolt 2 connection? Late 2015 imac 27" is thunderbolt 2.. I need to transfer old files off an old drive.
Can I use my old iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) as the 2nd display for the new iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) connecting with the Thunderbolt Cable?