Can this adapter be used on my MacBook with USB-C?nullSpecifically, can it be used to connect my MacBook to my Apple Cinema Display?
1 Answer from the Community
The Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter is only for Thunderbolt devices. The MacBook Pro has Thunderbolt but the MacBook does not. Also, the Thunderbolt adapter does not pass DisplayPort signals. The Apple Cinema Display is a DisplayPort monitor (mini DisplayPort), so you need a USB-C to mini DisplayPort adapter (and a mini DisplayPort cable if the mini DisplayPort connector is female). Or you could use a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter and a DisplayPort to mini DisplayPort cable.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I use this with MacBook Air?
- Asked by Leonor B from Bacolod
- Flag as inappropriate can I use this with MacBook Air?
No answers yet
Can I use a 61w usb-c power adapter for my MacBook Air 6.2? Thanks!
- Asked by Antonio L from Cordoba
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use a 61w usb-c power adapter for my MacBook Air 6.2? Thanks!
Can the usb-c port on this adapter be used to transfer data from a usb-c flash drive to my MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Cameron M from Atkinson
- Flag as inappropriate Can the usb-c port on this adapter be used to transfer data from a usb-c flash drive to my MacBook Pro?