Can this be used for target mode between a late 2013 MBP and the new 16 inch MBP? Is a gender changer required as well for this purpose?
Unclear which end of this adapter is the male and which is the female. Can I use this for target mode as is or do I need some sort of gender changer in addition?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. The Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) end is male, the Thunderbolt 2 end is female. For the use you have described, you will also need a Thunderbolt 2 cable (male/male) to connect this adapter to your 2013 MBP's female Thunderbolt 2 port. So it will look like: 16 inch MBP>this adapter>Thunderbolt 2 cable>2013 MBP.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the 16-inch MBP fit inside this 15-inch sleeve?
- Asked by Javier G from Elche
- Flag as inappropriate Does the 16-inch MBP fit inside this 15-inch sleeve?
is the Mophie USB-C compatible with MBP 2013.
- Asked by Danny V from Bayfield
- Flag as inappropriate is the Mophie USB-C compatible with MBP 2013.
Is it really compatible with 16-inch MacBook Pro 2019? This MBP requires 96W - but dock is only able to serve 85W.