If I connect my Thunderbolt display to a new MacBook Pro via the adapter will it charge the new MacBook Pro?
2 Answers from the Community
No. You can connect the Thunderbolt display, but the display will not power the MacBook Pro via the adapter.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. The Thunderbolt display provides power via a MagSafe connector; this adapter does not have a MagSafe connector, and there is currently no way to get one on the new MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this VGA adapter connect my new macbook pro to a projector via thunderbolt?
- Asked by Lidan W from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this VGA adapter connect my new macbook pro to a projector via thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter