can I use this on the 2016 MacBook Pro 15 inch. the reason I ask, is this product is smaller in weight and form than the 80W charger and easy carry?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes you can.
I've just done a quick test with the MacBook Pro 15" Touch performing light duties; it goes from 90% to 100% charged in 15 minutes using the supplied 87w PSU, and in 17 minutes with the smaller 61w PSU.
I would imagine that under heavy load, and powering USB-C peripherals the 61w would be slower to charge an empty battery.
For my commuting purposes the 61w is preferable. (Note that it doesn't come with its own USB-C lead).
- Answered by Jason D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Hi does this case fit the MacBook Pro 2016 15 inch model?
- Asked by Mohammed E from Dubai
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi does this case fit the MacBook Pro 2016 15 inch model?)
- Asked about: Tech21 13" Evo Gem Case for MacBook…
WHich is the best for an extra charger for Mac pro retina display 13 inches: the new 80w or the old 60w with an adapter?
- Asked by Chutaphant P from Bangkok
- Flag as inappropriate (WHich is the best for an extra charger for Mac pro retina display 13 inches: the new 80w or the old 60w with an adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…
Will this work with my Macbook Pro 15 inch Early 2011?
- Asked by Kat H from Oshawa
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my Macbook Pro 15 inch Early 2011?)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter