for what is this lightning dock
- Asked by Marc M
- Flag as inappropriate (for what is this lightning dock)
3 Answers from the Community
The usages are multiple. It's much more useful that you would imagine.
The main purpose of a dock like this one is that you can do a face time, Skype, whatsapp or whatever video call and have the iPhone in a perfect viewing angle.to be seen by your correspondent.
Moreover, you can charge it at the same time.
You can also plug a headset but only if it's a jack. You can plug a lightning but then you can't charge it at the same time.
Without a dock you would have to keep the iPhone on your hand or struggle with some object to keep it blocked and in a decent position.
Then you can use it to listen to music and still be able to see the cover album.
Or when you connect it to a wifi or bluetooth speaker, it's nice to see the covers as most of them do not have any screen at all.
And finally you can use it also as a clock stand but only on portrait mode not landscape. there are some nice app for this.
- Answered by Giuseppe P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It's a great place to put any iPhone with a Lightning connector. Not only does it raise the iPhone to a comfortable viewing angle, but if you spill your drink, your iPhone is safely off the desk.
- Answered by Max F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
This is a charging dock for your iDevice.
- Answered by Harry G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will the phone fit in the lightning dock while in this case?
- Asked by Peter K from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the phone fit in the lightning dock while in this case?)
- Asked about: iPhone 6 Plus / 6s Plus Silicone Ca…
Is there an adaptor to connect my iPad 2 which has. 30 pin connector to my new Sony iPhone 5s speaker dock which has a lightning docks
- Asked by Sarah H
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an adaptor to connect my iPad 2 which has. 30 pin connector to my new Sony iPhone 5s speaker dock which has a lightning docks)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)