Does it support full 87 Watt pass-through charging?
If connected to an Apple 87W USB-C power supply, will this pass the full 87W?
- Asked by fn from Orem
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support full 87 Watt pass-through charging?)
3 Answers from the Community
I’m getting only 55 watts. I noticed this when my MacBook Pro 15 2018 starts to drain the battery being connected to the original charger throuh the adapter. I looked in the iStat app the power source abd it shows 55W. Connected directly shows the full 86W and never drains the battery.
- Answered by Sergio M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Reviews online state that the previous version of this adapter, and most other adapters on the market, are limited to 60W only. There is no reason to expect this to do 87, as Apple probably would have advertised if it could.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, it does not.
it will take longer to charge using this adapter than it would charging directly from the standard charger. About 30-40% longer in my experience.
This won't be an issue for everyone, but if you need to frequently top-up between meetings, for example, you may find it can't keep up (for this reason, I often have to fall back to the standard charger).
- Answered by David A from Olney
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does it support charging a Macbook pro 15" at 87watts?
- Asked by Eduardo C
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support charging a Macbook pro 15" at 87watts?)
- Asked about: mophie USB-C Cable with USB-C Conne…
Does it support pass through ethernet?
- Asked by Chris C from Salem
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support pass through ethernet?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
Does this adapter pass through signals from wired microphones and buttons?
- Asked by Conor O from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter pass through signals from wired microphones and buttons?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack A…