Similar questions from the community
Can this be used as an extra monitor for an iMac Pro?
The 5K version of this monitor clearly specifies that the interface is Thunderbolt 3. This one only says USB-C. But non-thunderbolt monitors don't seem to work on the iMac Pro.
- Asked by Alexandre B from Bruichladdich
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as an extra monitor for an iMac Pro?)
Will this display work with both a Windows PC and a Mac? Also, can you daisy-chain two monitors and have it work with both a Windows PC and Mac?
My personal computer is a 2014 MacBook Pro Retina and my work computer is a 2016 HP EliteBook with USB-C port. I'm hoping that since this display supports USB-C that I can use either my personal or work computer with it (and daisy-chain two monitors for dual-monitor functionality).
does this support standard VESA mounts?
I need to mount my monitors on swing arms - does this monitor support standard VESA mounts?
- Asked by David O from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (does this support standard VESA mounts?)
Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?
I'm wondering if I can drive this monitor from a USB-C-to-DisplayPort Cable.
I am looking at the upcoming Thunderbolt 3 docking stations, and all of the products announced only have 2 Thunderbolt-3 ports on them. Most have either HDMI or Displayport ports as well, though. I'm obsessive about cables/mess, and only want to have one connection running into my 2016 MacBook Pro with Touchbar.
My thinking is that I can use a USB-C-to-DisplayPort cable into the monitor from the dock, as the specs show that the Displayport on the dock can do 4K video.
1st, Will this actually work? I'm assuming it will.
2nd, Will all of the Monitor controls still work? I love how this monitor has all the brightness/color setting controlled through system preferences, and I would want this functionality to work as well.
Has anyone tested either of these things?
For reference, I am looking at the Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD, and the Henge Docks Tethered Dock for MacBook Pro 2016 (Thunderbolt 3).
- Asked by James F from Rockford
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this monitor work via a USB-C-to-Displayport Cable?)
Does this monitor work with windows computer as well? How do you switch if two devices are attached at the same time?
I'd like to attach both my 12-inch macbook and my windows-laptop (using the USB-C go display port adapter). Is that possible? How do I switch between the two devices if both are attached at the same time (I unterstand there are no buttons and switches on the monitor itself).
Can two LG UltraFine 4k displays be connected to a MacBook Pro via the new Blackmagic eGPU?
I purchased the new Blackmagic eGPU which has two Thunderbolt 3 ports and one HDMI 2.0 port. One of the Thunderbolt 3 ports runs to my MacBook Pro, and the other Thunderbolt 3 port should be able to run to the LG display no problem.
Where the question lies is is it possible to connect a USB C display such as the LG UltraFine 4K to an HDMI 2.0 output using adapters or a USB-C to HDMI cable?
- Asked by Spencer G from Langley
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two LG UltraFine 4k displays be connected to a MacBook Pro via the new Blackmagic eGPU?)
Is there an adaptor to connect this to a Mac without USB-C, but with Thunderbolt 2, i.e. to last week's MacBook Pros?
- Asked by Dennis A from Los Altos
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an adaptor to connect this to a Mac without USB-C, but with Thunderbolt 2, i.e. to last week's MacBook Pros?)
Can LG Ultrafine 4k Display be used with a MacBook Air from 2015?
I have a new LG 4k Display that works fine with my new (USB-C) MacBook Pro. But I'd like to use it with my former MacBook Air from 2015 as well (it only has a mini-display port - no USB-C). So, 2 questions: Can I use them together and if so, what is the adapter that will connect them? Thanks.
- Asked by Jan C from Southport
- Flag as inappropriate (Can LG Ultrafine 4k Display be used with a MacBook Air from 2015?)
Can I use these with an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015 with AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB video card)? Is there a Thunderbolt-2 to USB-C adaptor
Should it work with a MBP Retina Mid 2015? (R9 M370X graphics card)
I've read several places around that it should work with this model, however, I ordered one, bought also the adapter cables and it DOESN'T WORK at all. No response from the monitor, I plug the TB3 to TB2 adapter, then plug it into my Macbook and definitely not working at all (monitor doesn't power up neither display anything).
Could someone throw some light on this?
Also, if not working, I bought it through Apple Store, could I ask for a refund? There's almost no information about compatibility and the information displayed on the Apple page doesn't help much as it's hard to understand. I did understood that my model should work with it but I'm seeing it's not.
- Asked by Pablo G from Barcelona
- Flag as inappropriate (Should it work with a MBP Retina Mid 2015? (R9 M370X graphics card))
Can you daisy chain this from the LG UltraFine 5K Display?
I already own this display (the LG UltraFine 4K) and I'm thinking of additionally purchasing the 5K display for use with my 2018 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. Can the 4K display be connected to one of the output USB-C ports on the 5K display, thereby daisy-chaining it? I would prefer not to connect the two displays directly to my laptop, if possible.
- Asked by Jeremy F from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you daisy chain this from the LG UltraFine 5K Display?)
Can I turn off the charging of the macbook from the monitor
Can I turn off the charging of the macbook from the monitor (when I already have a full charge of the battery), but at the same time that the monitor is connected and I could work with it.
- Asked by Sergey K
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I turn off the charging of the macbook from the monitor)
Is this a dual voltage monitor can i use it in US and in Europe
- Asked by Ricky W from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a dual voltage monitor can i use it in US and in Europe)
what is the response time of this monitor
- Asked by Christopher S
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the response time of this monitor)
No answers yet
Can the monitor be connected to a Gateway windows based desktop computer?
- Asked by Patty H from Round Rock
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the monitor be connected to a Gateway windows based desktop computer?)