Similar questions from the community
USB speed when using thunderbolt 3
Since it is an active thunderbolt cable and not supports usb 3.0, is that means if I connect a drive using one of the usb port, I only get usb 2.0 speed?
- Asked by Nova Y from Elmhurst
- Flag as inappropriate USB speed when using thunderbolt 3
No answers yet
Does it support pass through ethernet?
That is, if I plug an ethernet to a usb-c adapter that plugs into back of the monitor and plug the MacBook Pro into the monitor with usb-c will the ethernet pass through the monitor to the laptop? Rather than having to manually connect the ethernet each time?
- Asked by Chris C from Salem
- Flag as inappropriate Does it support pass through ethernet?
Can I connect LG 5k display using USB-C (orT3) to Lightning cable to a Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad?
I've just taken delivery of LG 5k display. I have both a MacMini and a MacBookPro. I would like to be able to use the display like an old fashioned KVM switch (albeit I assume I will need to plug / unplug one T3 cable to switch between my two machines rather than being able to toggle between the two - would be nice but not sure such a product exists - have looked at various docks eg from Caldigit, but they are very expensive and probably still don't have the ability to toggle without unplugging?). I want to be able to use the large screen, full size keyboard and trackpad (I have to use those for MacMini anyway, but would also want to use them with MBP). I assume I can use each of one of the 'spare' 3 USB-C connections on the back of display for ethernet connection (using USB-C to ethernet adapter) and two USB-C to Lightning cables to connect the Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad (I assume I will need / prefer to use cable connection rather than Bluetooth so as not to constantly have to repair my two Macs). Any thoughts on whether this would work or alternative solutions gratefully received?
does apple tv 4k work with lg ultrafine 4k?
I purchased both from Apple store and cannot seem to get it to work. Using a HDMI from Apple TV to USB-C cable to the display
- Asked by Phil T from Bossley Park
- Flag as inappropriate does apple tv 4k work with lg ultrafine 4k?
Can I connect a mac and windows laptop at the same time using split screen
Does this monitor support split screen with Mac Mini and Dell laptop connected at the same time? Or at least switch between inputs?
- Asked by Vijay K from Breinigsville
- Flag as inappropriate Can I connect a mac and windows laptop at the same time using split screen
Can you mount external drives via the display?
I was hoping I could use one of the USB-C ports to run an external HD for my time machine backup. Sadly, my external drive is not mounting. However, when I plug in a USB-C flash drive, it does mount.
- Asked by Vytas J from Marina Del Rey
- Flag as inappropriate Can you mount external drives via the display?
Can I daisy Chain my Apple Thunderbolt Display from this on my MBP using a USB-C to Thunderbolt converter?
I've recently built a PC and found that my Thunderbolt Display doesn't work with Thunderbolt PC Motherboards. Can my Thunderbolt Display be used by my wife on her recent MBP and 5K display? I"d like to add it to her desktop if I can't use it anymore. Thanks
- Asked by Aaron B from Prosper
- Flag as inappropriate Can I daisy Chain my Apple Thunderbolt Display from this on my MBP using a USB-C to Thunderbolt converter?
Do I need the USB-C or can I just use airplay display?
- Asked by Avi P from Tustin
- Flag as inappropriate Do I need the USB-C or can I just use airplay display?
Use for Windows Laptop (as well as MacBook Pro)
Can I use this an extended desktop for my Dell laptop with has USB-C (but not Thunderbolt)? And will I get the 5k resolution with this connection? I would like to invest in this monitor for use with my personal Macbook Pro, but would also like to be able to use it (separately) with my work Dell Latitude Laptop for the rare days when I work from home (even if I can't utilise the full resolution when connected to my work laptop).
- Asked by Bradley P
- Flag as inappropriate Use for Windows Laptop (as well as MacBook Pro)
Does this support Mac Pro 2013?
- Asked by Wing Wa L
- Flag as inappropriate Does this support Mac Pro 2013?
No answers yet
Can I connect a wired keyboard to the monitor and use it with the new MacBook Pro when the computer is connected to the monitor?
- Asked by Mike S from Huntley
- Flag as inappropriate Can I connect a wired keyboard to the monitor and use it with the new MacBook Pro when the computer is connected to the monitor?
Will this work at 4k with the Radeon 5700 XT which has USB-C output?
I'm looking for an EGPU solution that will work with this monitor since it only has Thunderbolt input. The Radeon 5700 XT has USB C output and it looks like the LG 5K will work with USB C output (although only at 4k) so theoretically it might work. Can anyone actually confirm that the 5700 XT works with this monitor? The only other EGPU option was the BlackMagic Pro but that was discontinued when Radeon discontinued the Vega 56.
- Asked by Katharine P from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work at 4k with the Radeon 5700 XT which has USB-C output?
Can you connect wired headphones or external speakers to the monitor? It doesn't appear to have a 3.5mm jack connection anywhere.
I've bought a USB-C to 3.5mm jack adapter, but I don't seem to be getting any output through the external speakers I've connected. Audio keeps coming out of the monitor only
I have this 5K display and a MacBook Pro 16" (2019), which supports dual 6K displays. Will my MacBook Pro also support two of these 5K displays?
When I use with a 16" MBP, how exactly is performance affected? I know it charges slower but will it also cause the laptop to perform less optimally?
- Asked by David H from Menlo Park
- Flag as inappropriate When I use with a 16" MBP, how exactly is performance affected? I know it charges slower but will it also cause the laptop to perform less optimally?
could I connect my console (PS4, Xbox, Switch) to the monitor
- Asked by Alberto L from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate could I connect my console (PS4, Xbox, Switch) to the monitor