Similar questions from the community
I have this 5K display and a MacBook Pro 16" (2019), which supports dual 6K displays. Will my MacBook Pro also support two of these 5K displays?
Is the pixel output of a MacBook "stretched" by interpolation to fill the larger 5K screen of the LG 5K monitor ?
Please could Apple explain how using an external monitor with a MacBook pro laptop actually works ? The 13" MacBook's GPU puts out a max pixel count of 2560 x 1600. The LG 5K monitor is displaying 5120 x 2880 pixels. Is the pixel output of a MacBook "stretched" by interpolation to fill the larger 5K screen of the monitor ? In other words, if I had a digital photo that was originally 5120 x 2880 pixels, and used the MacBook pro and external monitor setup, would my photo be downsampled to 2560 x 1600, then interpolated back up to 5120 x 1600 ? i.e. every other pixel was replaced from the original photo ? Thanks
- Asked by Sarah D from Anchorage
- Flag as inappropriate Is the pixel output of a MacBook "stretched" by interpolation to fill the larger 5K screen of the LG 5K monitor ?
Can I connect LG 5k display using USB-C (orT3) to Lightning cable to a Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad?
I've just taken delivery of LG 5k display. I have both a MacMini and a MacBookPro. I would like to be able to use the display like an old fashioned KVM switch (albeit I assume I will need to plug / unplug one T3 cable to switch between my two machines rather than being able to toggle between the two - would be nice but not sure such a product exists - have looked at various docks eg from Caldigit, but they are very expensive and probably still don't have the ability to toggle without unplugging?). I want to be able to use the large screen, full size keyboard and trackpad (I have to use those for MacMini anyway, but would also want to use them with MBP). I assume I can use each of one of the 'spare' 3 USB-C connections on the back of display for ethernet connection (using USB-C to ethernet adapter) and two USB-C to Lightning cables to connect the Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad (I assume I will need / prefer to use cable connection rather than Bluetooth so as not to constantly have to repair my two Macs). Any thoughts on whether this would work or alternative solutions gratefully received?
Can this display power the new 16" MacBook Pro without using the 96 Watt Adapter?
- Asked by Shannon S from New Westminster
- Flag as inappropriate Can this display power the new 16" MacBook Pro without using the 96 Watt Adapter?
Can I daisy Chain my Apple Thunderbolt Display from this on my MBP using a USB-C to Thunderbolt converter?
I've recently built a PC and found that my Thunderbolt Display doesn't work with Thunderbolt PC Motherboards. Can my Thunderbolt Display be used by my wife on her recent MBP and 5K display? I"d like to add it to her desktop if I can't use it anymore. Thanks
- Asked by Aaron B from Prosper
- Flag as inappropriate Can I daisy Chain my Apple Thunderbolt Display from this on my MBP using a USB-C to Thunderbolt converter?
Can you mount external drives via the display?
I was hoping I could use one of the USB-C ports to run an external HD for my time machine backup. Sadly, my external drive is not mounting. However, when I plug in a USB-C flash drive, it does mount.
- Asked by Vytas J from Marina Del Rey
- Flag as inappropriate Can you mount external drives via the display?
Is this monitor technically a "high DPI display" (HiDPI)?
High DPI (also known as HiDPI) displays are those that use twice as many physical pixels to represent images than the virtual pixels that make up an image. For example, if an image is 128 virtual pixels wide and 128 virtual pixels tall, on a high DPI display that image would be rendered using 256 physical pixels in both directions, making the image twice as crisp.
- Asked by Richard H from Sparks
- Flag as inappropriate Is this monitor technically a "high DPI display" (HiDPI)?
Can I use this display with a eGPU?
- Asked by Maxwell L from La Puente
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use this display with a eGPU?
what is the weight of display without stand, plan on using the VESA mount option
- Asked by Christopher M from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate what is the weight of display without stand, plan on using the VESA mount option
Is this monitor's color gamut 100% DCI P3 or Display P3?
- Asked by Michael F from Skokie
- Flag as inappropriate Is this monitor's color gamut 100% DCI P3 or Display P3?
Do I need the USB-C or can I just use airplay display?
- Asked by Avi P from Tustin
- Flag as inappropriate Do I need the USB-C or can I just use airplay display?
does apple tv 4k work with lg ultrafine 4k?
I purchased both from Apple store and cannot seem to get it to work. Using a HDMI from Apple TV to USB-C cable to the display
- Asked by Phil T from Bossley Park
- Flag as inappropriate does apple tv 4k work with lg ultrafine 4k?