Similar questions from the community
Is there a way to get an HDMI input?
I'm considering buying one of these primarily to use with a 2019 MacBook Pro. I'd also like to occasionally use it with a 4K Apple TV and an older laptop that has an HDMI output. Is there a cable or adapter I can get to allow this monitor to accept a standard HDMI input? Will it work with both 4K and 1K devices?
- Asked by Frank L from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate Is there a way to get an HDMI input?
does apple tv 4k work with lg ultrafine 4k?
I purchased both from Apple store and cannot seem to get it to work. Using a HDMI from Apple TV to USB-C cable to the display
- Asked by Phil T from Bossley Park
- Flag as inappropriate does apple tv 4k work with lg ultrafine 4k?
Can I connect a mac and windows laptop at the same time using split screen
Does this monitor support split screen with Mac Mini and Dell laptop connected at the same time? Or at least switch between inputs?
- Asked by Vijay K from Breinigsville
- Flag as inappropriate Can I connect a mac and windows laptop at the same time using split screen
How do you get the light sensor to work?
The screen brightness does not adjust based on the light sensor. I have it side by side with the iMac monitor and only the built in iMac monitor is adjusting the brightness.
- Asked by Benjamin L from New York
- Flag as inappropriate How do you get the light sensor to work?
No answers yet
Will this work at 4k with the Radeon 5700 XT which has USB-C output?
I'm looking for an EGPU solution that will work with this monitor since it only has Thunderbolt input. The Radeon 5700 XT has USB C output and it looks like the LG 5K will work with USB C output (although only at 4k) so theoretically it might work. Can anyone actually confirm that the 5700 XT works with this monitor? The only other EGPU option was the BlackMagic Pro but that was discontinued when Radeon discontinued the Vega 56.
- Asked by Katharine P from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work at 4k with the Radeon 5700 XT which has USB-C output?
USB speed when using thunderbolt 3
Since it is an active thunderbolt cable and not supports usb 3.0, is that means if I connect a drive using one of the usb port, I only get usb 2.0 speed?
- Asked by Nova Y from Elmhurst
- Flag as inappropriate USB speed when using thunderbolt 3
No answers yet
Can you connect wired headphones or external speakers to the monitor? It doesn't appear to have a 3.5mm jack connection anywhere.
I've bought a USB-C to 3.5mm jack adapter, but I don't seem to be getting any output through the external speakers I've connected. Audio keeps coming out of the monitor only
Use for Windows Laptop (as well as MacBook Pro)
Can I use this an extended desktop for my Dell laptop with has USB-C (but not Thunderbolt)? And will I get the 5k resolution with this connection? I would like to invest in this monitor for use with my personal Macbook Pro, but would also like to be able to use it (separately) with my work Dell Latitude Laptop for the rare days when I work from home (even if I can't utilise the full resolution when connected to my work laptop).
- Asked by Bradley P
- Flag as inappropriate Use for Windows Laptop (as well as MacBook Pro)