Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will it hurt my macbook pro if i leave the power supply plugged in to the wall socket and in to my 2011 Macbook Pro at all times (mostly)?
My Macbook Pro stays on my desk for the most part. Will it hurt to leave it plugged in all the time, or should the battery be cycled on a regular basis?
- Asked by Brook F from New Orleans
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it hurt my macbook pro if i leave the power supply plugged in to the wall socket and in to my 2011 Macbook Pro at all times (mostly)?)
I have a new MacBook Pro 15" and I travel to China often. How do I get a plug for the Chinese socket? Not the whole power supply but the cord?
I need a new slide in plug for my 17" MacBook Pro power adapter, where can I order it on this site?
On the power adapter you can remove the plug to attach the longer cord, the prongs on my plug are loose in the holder which makes it hard to plug into the wall
- Asked by Richard T from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate (I need a new slide in plug for my 17" MacBook Pro power adapter, where can I order it on this site?)
Does it harm my macbook pro retina 13'' (2015) battery to keep it connected to the wall socket even after it is fully charged?
Should I disconnect the charger after the battery percentage reaches 100% or is it ok to use it after it reached 100%? Also, what is the minimum battery percentage before I start charging again? Is it bad to completely drain the battery sometimes (twice in a month)? I am sorry for the question for being so long, but I really want to optimise my mac battery. Thanks for the help in advance.
will the magsafe power adapter switch off a smart power strip when the batter is charged?
I am considering getting a "smart" power strip and would like to know if plugged into the master, will the power adapter shut off the supplies after my macbook pro is fully charged?
- Asked by Richard S from Ridgecrest
- Flag as inappropriate (will the magsafe power adapter switch off a smart power strip when the batter is charged?)
can you use the extension cord for a macbook, in the 85w macbook pro power supply? Are the extension cords the same?
- Asked by Nicholas L from Herndon
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use the extension cord for a macbook, in the 85w macbook pro power supply? Are the extension cords the same?)
Late 2011 MacBook pro 13" and Thunderbolt display MagSafe power connection. Is there a converter? How to power Macbook using Thunderbolt display?
The MagSafe to MagSafe 2 converter MD5042M/A does not convert power cord from Thunderbolt to original MagSafe #1 for use on older late 2011 MacBook Pro? Is there another adapter for using Thunderbolt display to power the Macbook? What am I missing here? Confused.
MacBook Pro 13" from US needs a power supply. Is the Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter OK & is an adaptor required to use it here and/or in the US?
Do the Macbook Pro power adapters have a warranty?
- Asked by Melanie P from Payson
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the Macbook Pro power adapters have a warranty?)
I AM LOOKING FOR EXTERNAL POWER BANK TO USE WITH MY MACBOOK PRO LATE 2011 IN CASE I AM NOT NEAR AN ELECTRICAL OUTLET AND MY BATTER DIES -WHAT WORKS
macbook air and macbook pro 15" power cord
i got macbook air and macbook pro 15" what power cord should i get ?
- Asked by Michael B from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook air and macbook pro 15" power cord)
Is this cord is compatible with all MacBook models, new and old, or is there a cut off date?
I have an older MacBook Pro, 15". I'm not sure the year of it. I need to replace the power cord, and I'd like to know if this one would work.
- Asked by Nadea L from Whitehorse
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this cord is compatible with all MacBook models, new and old, or is there a cut off date?)
Can I use the power cord for a 2009 Macbook Pro with a 2010 Macbook Pro?
The older cord goes straight out from the computer, whereas the new one turns a corner.
- Asked by Evelyn S from Santa Cruz
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the power cord for a 2009 Macbook Pro with a 2010 Macbook Pro?)
Do I need to change power adapters if traveling to UK?
I am traveling to the UK and I have my MacBook Pro that I purchased in the US. Do I need to get a different watt power adapter or should a UK plug be ok?
- Asked by Shelby S from Columbus
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to change power adapters if traveling to UK?)
macbook europe power adapter
I'm going to spain with my macbook pro. Do I need a power adapter to step down from 220 to 110, or does the regular charger on my power cord handle that for me?
- Asked by Bill B from Oak Park
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook europe power adapter)
Hi. I'm from Russia. I have MacBook Pro 15", made in 2011. Will this adapter be sutable for my Mac and can you provide shipping to Russian Federation?
In Russia costs on Apple devices are very high (for example, adapter like this will be near 4000RUR it's about 140USD), so sometimes much easier buy devices or acessories abroad. And this time the main question is about shipping to Russian Federation.
Can I use the same power adapter all over the world for all voltages and both 50 and 60 Hz frequency?
Frequency: The power adapter that came with my Macbook Pro in the USA stopped working while using it in Japan where the power is 100 V 50 Hz. I noticed it got really hot when I used it in Japan. I had to buy a new one in Tokyo, and this one doesn't seem to get nearly as hot when I'm using it in Japan. I am wondering if I need 2 different power adapters for the 2 different countries.
Warranty: Or maybe I had a defective power adapter from the start? It is less than a year old. Can I get it replaced under warranty?
- Asked by Kimberly W from Redwood City
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the same power adapter all over the world for all voltages and both 50 and 60 Hz frequency?)
What does an 85 Watt MegSafe Power Adapter do?
I am purchasing a MacBook Pro and was wondering if i need this adapter?
- Asked by Sheila G from Peoria
- Flag as inappropriate (What does an 85 Watt MegSafe Power Adapter do?)
Does a German MAcbook work with an american charger?
i bought my macbook pro in germany, but i now live in the states.
now my dog chewed allmost completly through my charger cord and i wanna get a new one before its completly gone.
can i just buy an american one? will that work with mine? or do i have to buy a german one?
i currently use a lil extra plug over the german outlet so i can plug it in the american walls.
- Asked by Johanna D from Clarksville
- Flag as inappropriate (Does a German MAcbook work with an american charger?)
I have Macbook pro A1226 from the states. Will an ordinary USA to UK travel plug adapter work with magsafe power adapter in UK?