Similar questions from the community
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?
I just got the adapter but my phone screen will not show up when i plug it in via HDMI. I thought it was the hdmi cable but i have tried others and they do not work. I am starting to think my Lightning Digital Adapter is broken and I'm gonna have to return it.
- Asked by John M from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?)
My Acura mdx 2015 has hdmi. Will this cable work to use my iPad mini to display movies? What about the sound? Thanks.
- Asked by Aleksandr L from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate (My Acura mdx 2015 has hdmi. Will this cable work to use my iPad mini to display movies? What about the sound? Thanks.)
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
My AV receiver is out for service and I connected my ipad to my large plasma monitor using the lightening to HDMI adapter. Streaming video works but no sound from the ipad so we can't watch Netflix. Is there a way to get the sound from the ipad?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?)
can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad
i want to have a second screen for my xbox one s when friends want to watch TV
- Asked by Jane M from Whittlsea
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad)
No answers yet
Connect iPad Mini to DSLR?
With the Lightning Digital AV adapter and an HDMI cable, is it possible to connect an iPad mini to a DSLR and use the iPad to see what is in the camera viewfinder or LCD screen?
I don't want to be able to control the camera, just see the viewfinder/LCD screen.
I assume an app would also be needed on the iPad.
- Asked by Alex J from Balaclava
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect iPad Mini to DSLR?)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
Is that a standard HDMI port, or mini HDMI, or micro HDMI?
- Asked by Cliff K from Concord
- Flag as inappropriate (Is that a standard HDMI port, or mini HDMI, or micro HDMI?)
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter with HDMI cable to connect a Mac mini with iPad mini, and use the Mac as monitor?
- Asked by Maria Antonietta D from Acaya Di Vernole
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter with HDMI cable to connect a Mac mini with iPad mini, and use the Mac as monitor?)
iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi
Hello , i was wonder before i buy an av cable for my iPhone 5 and iPad retina display with lighting connector , will the cable display what i see on my iPad/iPhone5 " Will i see my home screen"?
- Asked by Ryan M
- Flag as inappropriate (iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi)
Can i watch Netflix from my iPAD pro retina display IOS 12.X on my TV using the digital lightining to HDMI adaptor ?
I am looking to buy a Digital lightining to HDMI AV adaptor, to stream videos and movies from Netflix on my TV/projector
I am using an iPAD pro 10.1” running IOS 12.1.1
I heard a lot of rumors that the adaptor after IOS 11 wasn’t streaming Netflix movies on the TV because of an issue with the ARM chip in the adaptor, does this still the case in IOS 12?
- Asked by Ahmed Y from Cairo
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i watch Netflix from my iPAD pro retina display IOS 12.X on my TV using the digital lightining to HDMI adaptor ?)
The text for this adapter says both "up to 720p HD" and "up to 1080p". Which is it? (The text for the 30-pin digital adapter does a better job.)
The text for your new Lightning Digital AV Adapter needs a clearer explanation of its resolution limits. The older 30-pin Digital AV Adapter says your iPad is mirrored on an "HDMI-compatible display in up to 1080p HD (movies play at up to 720p)." Are the same limitations in effect here?
Can I stream movies online using this cord and play them on my tv
- Asked by Irene B from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I stream movies online using this cord and play them on my tv)
Can you use this to play a movie through the VUDU app and mirror it onto a HDTV? And without a network connection. - iPad mini.
- Asked by Josh B from Osceola
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this to play a movie through the VUDU app and mirror it onto a HDTV? And without a network connection. - iPad mini.)
Can I use the lightning port on this device to connect another adapter? I want to use this for HDMI and also add a lightning to MIDI adapter.
I am using my iPad to display lyrics, but want to mirror it using this adapter onto a screen. I also want my iPad to receive MIDI so I want to add that adapter. So I'm hoping I can use this adapter to not only output HDMI, but also allow use of another adapter to input a MIDI signal.