Similar questions from the community
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter with HDMI cable to connect a Mac mini with iPad mini, and use the Mac as monitor?
- Asked by Maria Antonietta D from Acaya Di Vernole
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter with HDMI cable to connect a Mac mini with iPad mini, and use the Mac as monitor?)
Connect iPad Mini to DSLR?
With the Lightning Digital AV adapter and an HDMI cable, is it possible to connect an iPad mini to a DSLR and use the iPad to see what is in the camera viewfinder or LCD screen?
I don't want to be able to control the camera, just see the viewfinder/LCD screen.
I assume an app would also be needed on the iPad.
- Asked by Alex J from Balaclava
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect iPad Mini to DSLR?)
My Acura mdx 2015 has hdmi. Will this cable work to use my iPad mini to display movies? What about the sound? Thanks.
- Asked by Aleksandr L from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate (My Acura mdx 2015 has hdmi. Will this cable work to use my iPad mini to display movies? What about the sound? Thanks.)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?
My projector has DVI but no HDMI. I would like to use the lightning-to-HDMI cable, connect it to a HDMI-to-dvi adaptor plug and then hook it up to the dvi port on my projector (or computer monitor). Will that work?
- Asked by R.c. S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?)
Is that a standard HDMI port, or mini HDMI, or micro HDMI?
- Asked by Cliff K from Concord
- Flag as inappropriate (Is that a standard HDMI port, or mini HDMI, or micro HDMI?)
Can I use this adapter to connect my iPad or Iphone to an HDMI input on my AV receiver and then out to my TV via a 2nd HDMI cable?
- Asked by Stan M from Hamilton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to connect my iPad or Iphone to an HDMI input on my AV receiver and then out to my TV via a 2nd HDMI cable?)
iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi
Hello , i was wonder before i buy an av cable for my iPhone 5 and iPad retina display with lighting connector , will the cable display what i see on my iPad/iPhone5 " Will i see my home screen"?
- Asked by Ryan M
- Flag as inappropriate (iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi)
Can I mirror my now tv app onto my tv from my iPad using this cable?
Would like to watch now tv when away on the tv, I can mirror it from my lap top to tv using hdmi cables but wondered if I could use this to use the iPad instead.
- Asked by Wendy W
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I mirror my now tv app onto my tv from my iPad using this cable?)
Can this be used with a rear projection TV from my ipad 3? what additional hook up cables do I need?
I would like to watch Netflex movies on my TV. I subscribe to it on my ipad. I have an HDMI rear projection TV (68 Inch).
- Asked by Joe M from Charlestown
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a rear projection TV from my ipad 3? what additional hook up cables do I need?)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
No answers yet