Similar questions from the community
Can I use the adapter to edit photos on my iphone to my laptop? Looking to use it for a larger screen.
use of photo editing apps to work on my laptop screen.
- Asked by Christine B from W.monroe
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the adapter to edit photos on my iphone to my laptop? Looking to use it for a larger screen.)
When using a 40 ft & a 50 ft HDMI cable mirroring would not work. When I changed to a 10 ft HDMI cable it works fine. What's the length restriction?
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
I'm looking to scale down my 15" MBP Retina to an iPad Air2. I'm traveling more and more for work, so space/weight remaining at a premium, particularly when crossing the Atlantic. My major concern is whether I'll have the ability to connect to a larger screen via Airplay or via the lightning/HDMI adapter to a larger screen for writing with Pages, Keynote, and more. I don't see an issue for presenting per se, but it would be wonderful if I could find a way to plug into a nice 22"+ monitor in a hotel room or in my home office. Is this possible? Am I condemned to just slightly reducing my travel tech with either a 13" MBP or MBA?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
can I use this adapter to mirror my iPhone 5s image onto my macbook pro screen?
- Asked by Kum-kum B from Santa Barbara
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this adapter to mirror my iPhone 5s image onto my macbook pro screen?)
does any one know if the Lightning Dig AV adapter, will alow images of the default map progem to display on a larger screen? has anyone tried this?
Can I mirror my now tv app onto my tv from my iPad using this cable?
Would like to watch now tv when away on the tv, I can mirror it from my lap top to tv using hdmi cables but wondered if I could use this to use the iPad instead.
- Asked by Wendy W
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I mirror my now tv app onto my tv from my iPad using this cable?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad
i want to have a second screen for my xbox one s when friends want to watch TV
- Asked by Jane M from Whittlsea
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad)
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
My AV receiver is out for service and I connected my ipad to my large plasma monitor using the lightening to HDMI adapter. Streaming video works but no sound from the ipad so we can't watch Netflix. Is there a way to get the sound from the ipad?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?)
How well does this HDMI connector work with the iPhone 6?
- Asked by Arthur R H from Newnan
- Flag as inappropriate (How well does this HDMI connector work with the iPhone 6?)
Does this work with apps and sites not supported by airplay?
NBC currently does not support airplay. Can i use this with NBC app to mirror to my TV?
- Asked by Hunter A from Nashville
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with apps and sites not supported by airplay?)
Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?
I just got the adapter but my phone screen will not show up when i plug it in via HDMI. I thought it was the hdmi cable but i have tried others and they do not work. I am starting to think my Lightning Digital Adapter is broken and I'm gonna have to return it.
- Asked by John M from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet