Similar questions from the community
What is the smaller port to the right of the HDMI port?
- Asked by Deborah A from Belmont
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the smaller port to the right of the HDMI port?)
Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?
I just got the adapter but my phone screen will not show up when i plug it in via HDMI. I thought it was the hdmi cable but i have tried others and they do not work. I am starting to think my Lightning Digital Adapter is broken and I'm gonna have to return it.
- Asked by John M from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?)
Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?
My projector has DVI but no HDMI. I would like to use the lightning-to-HDMI cable, connect it to a HDMI-to-dvi adaptor plug and then hook it up to the dvi port on my projector (or computer monitor). Will that work?
- Asked by R.c. S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
Can I plug the lightning to USB cable into the appropriate slot on this connector without an HDMI cable and run it to my Kenwood stereo for video out?
- Asked by Caroline S from Chandler
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug the lightning to USB cable into the appropriate slot on this connector without an HDMI cable and run it to my Kenwood stereo for video out?)
Can I use the lightning port on this device to connect another adapter? I want to use this for HDMI and also add a lightning to MIDI adapter.
I am using my iPad to display lyrics, but want to mirror it using this adapter onto a screen. I also want my iPad to receive MIDI so I want to add that adapter. So I'm hoping I can use this adapter to not only output HDMI, but also allow use of another adapter to input a MIDI signal.
can it be connected to an HDMI to 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) to plug into a TV with that input?
HDMI is dgital and the 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) is analog... but the cable specs say it can connect an HDMI output and and input source with this RCA setup ... will it work?
- Asked by Hugo B from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be connected to an HDMI to 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) to plug into a TV with that input?)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?
I want to plug this into my iPad as a view screen and run video out at the same time to a head set. Does the lightning port do more then just charge the iPad or will it take input and give the ut put at the same time.
- Asked by Sean P from Bakersfield
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Can I use this adapter to charge an iPad Air 2 with the iPhone 4 30 pin cable and power outlet adapter?
My Hyundai car was shipped with a 30 pin adapter for iPhone 4/4S, witch connects to the panel through both a USB and a P2 audio cable. Using this 30 Pin to Lightning adapter, can I charge and listen to music with my iPad Air 2 in the car sound system? Also, can I use it to charge the iPad with the iPhone 4 cable and power outlet connector?
- Asked by João Paulo R from Sorocaba
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to charge an iPad Air 2 with the iPhone 4 30 pin cable and power outlet adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)
Does this work with Flixster?
I've read the horror story reviews of all the services and apps that this does not work with. I'm going to go ahead an assume it works with the native iOS video app and will play video sourced through iTunes, but I would also like to know if it will work with the Flixster app and play UltraViolet content.
- Asked by Andrew Y
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Flixster?)
No answers yet
Does the Lightning port on the adaptor allow for the iOS device to sync as well as charge? i.e. Is the Lightning port Only for Charging?
Will I still receive calls when I'm using the Lightning to hdmi adapter
- Asked by Erika B from Bursville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I still receive calls when I'm using the Lightning to hdmi adapter)
What is the other port beside the HDMI?
I can see that there are two ports, but I can't tell what the second one is and I don't see it in the description.
Is it just another Lightning port so you can charge at the same time as outputting video? That is my best guess...
- Asked by Daniel P from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the other port beside the HDMI?)
Could I mirror what is on my iPad to a screen with this, then also connect more accessories with the extra lightning port?
I was wondering about something like the Focusrite iTrack Solo. I know I would need to use a 30pin to lightning converter for this to work with the iPad and to fit into this adapter, but would I even be able to use both at the same time at all?
- Asked by Michael W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Could I mirror what is on my iPad to a screen with this, then also connect more accessories with the extra lightning port?)
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
I'm looking to scale down my 15" MBP Retina to an iPad Air2. I'm traveling more and more for work, so space/weight remaining at a premium, particularly when crossing the Atlantic. My major concern is whether I'll have the ability to connect to a larger screen via Airplay or via the lightning/HDMI adapter to a larger screen for writing with Pages, Keynote, and more. I don't see an issue for presenting per se, but it would be wonderful if I could find a way to plug into a nice 22"+ monitor in a hotel room or in my home office. Is this possible? Am I condemned to just slightly reducing my travel tech with either a 13" MBP or MBA?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
Is there a lightning splitter to allow charging of an iPhone while using an external microphone that only draws power from the lightning connect?
- Asked by Thomas N from Golden Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a lightning splitter to allow charging of an iPhone while using an external microphone that only draws power from the lightning connect?)
can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?
I want to use a lightning cable adapter to connect to a 30-pin cable that would then connect to a pair of video glasses. Would this work?
- Asked by Mark P from Monessen
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?)