Similar questions from the community
Streaming DIRECTV? Audio, but no video. Has anyone found a solution? Is there another way to accomplish streaming DIRECTV to a TV with no WiFi?
It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?
Audio + video on HDMI is fine for my TV but if I plug HDMI into a projector that does not handle audio I would like to know if audio would still be available simultaneously at the earphone jack. If not I would have no sound unless I also buy some sort of HDMI audio stripper device.
Likewise, is that Lightning connector on the adapter only for pumping in charging power or anything else available there such as digital audio?
I am specifically referring to iPhone 6 running iOS 8.xxx.
- Asked by Steven K from Park Forest
- Flag as inappropriate (It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Does this cable charge the iphone or ipad battery?
While this is an audio and video adapted, how does the device stay charged with this?
- Asked by Matthew Z from Costa Mesa
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable charge the iphone or ipad battery?)
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
Will embedded video from an iBook play both audio/ visual with this adapter if connected to a HDMI to VGA adapter then to a projector?
- Asked by Bethanne W from Wilmington
- Flag as inappropriate (Will embedded video from an iBook play both audio/ visual with this adapter if connected to a HDMI to VGA adapter then to a projector?)
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
My AV receiver is out for service and I connected my ipad to my large plasma monitor using the lightening to HDMI adapter. Streaming video works but no sound from the ipad so we can't watch Netflix. Is there a way to get the sound from the ipad?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?)
Can you get audio from the lightning connection?
I want to use of my iPhone to a second display in my car while still using the factory audio integration.
- Asked by John B from Sault Ste Marie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you get audio from the lightning connection?)
Can I watch virgin media tv app or sky sports app on my television using my lightning digital AV adaptor
When i try to use it it just comes up with error message or unfortunately we are not allowed to stream video via video out or via screen mirroring.
It has also came up with due to licensing restrictions this output isn’t supported
Can somebody please help me overcome this problem if possible
can you stream live tv (Sling Box) through the cord?
I use the Sling Box app on my iPhone 6 to watch live sports. i would like to use this cord, to transfer the image onto my Jeep screen, which has an HDMI input for this cord.
- Asked by Michael D from West Chester
- Flag as inappropriate (can you stream live tv (Sling Box) through the cord?)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
when i watch any video my i pad to tv same time charge my i pad
- Asked by Ravinson A
- Flag as inappropriate (when i watch any video my i pad to tv same time charge my i pad)
Does this (or any other Apple adapter) support audio from Keynote if using a projector with audio output
I'd like to use my iPad Air with my projector to do Keynote presentations
- Asked by Fiona M from New Lambton Heights
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this (or any other Apple adapter) support audio from Keynote if using a projector with audio output)
is audio possible using lightning digital av adapter iPhone 7 with the 1/8 adapter? Is there a setting adjustment i need to make on the iPhone?
- Asked by Gary Y from Crystal Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (is audio possible using lightning digital av adapter iPhone 7 with the 1/8 adapter? Is there a setting adjustment i need to make on the iPhone?)