Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
I upgraded from the Macbook Pro 2010 model to the new Macbook Air. I transfered the data from the Pro to my iMac via firewire. Now I need to transfer the same data from iMac to the new MBA with thunderbolt. Is there a cable that connects the firewire port on my iMac to the thunderbolt port on the new MBA?
Will the Apple Thunderbolt cable work between a Thunderbolt enabled 2011 iMac and a Pre-Thunderbolt (Mini DisplayPort enabled) MacBook Pro?
Simple scenario: I have a 2011 iMac with Thunderbolt inputs and a 2009 MacBook Pro without Thunderbolt inputs (Only Mini DisplayPort input). Will I be able to connect the Apple Thunderbolt cable to both of these and use the MacBook Pro as a second display, adjacent to my iMac?
how can I make use of thunderbolt technology on my older version iMac? I wish to increase data transfer speed on my iMac with thunderbolt or USB 3.0
My iMac has no thunderbolt port.
how do i transfer from my macbook pro to my imac using thunderbolt
- Asked by Dale A from Mundoolun
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i transfer from my macbook pro to my imac using thunderbolt)
Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?
I cant seem to get a clean answer when searching - looking to transfer data from my old 2008 macbook pro to the new one. My mini dvi looks exactly the same as the thunderbolt on new macs without the logo, is that the case?
Thanks, wanted to to check before ordering a $50 cabele
- Asked by Daniel T from Amityville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a thunderbolt cable to transfer from Macbook Pro 15-inch, Late 2008 - w/mini DVI (is that thunderbolt?) to new Macbook Pro?)
Thunderbolt to MINI DVI
What cable do I need to connect a Macbook Air (2011) thunderbolt port to a 24" iMac (2008) DVI port to be able to run the Macbook Air in target mode. In other words, the iMac would act as an external display for the new Macbook Air.
Thank you in advance,
- Asked by Janet R from Lakewood
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt to MINI DVI)
No answers yet
Can I connect a 2011 Macbook Pro to a 2013 Macbook Air and use the Air as a second display for the 2011?
I know both have thunderbolt ports, I just need to know wether i can make a second display, not just data transfer with thunderbolt cables. I'm trying to use what I have, an older work computer and use my personal laptop as the second display for when i work from home.
- Asked by Jonathan C from Pittsburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a 2011 Macbook Pro to a 2013 Macbook Air and use the Air as a second display for the 2011?)
File transfer w/PC
So I have a ASUS Maximus V Extreme (Thunderbolt compatible) motherboard in my new PC, and a Late 2011 Macbook Pro (also Thunderbolt compatible). All I want to do is be able to transfer files between the two computers, more often from the Macbook to the PC. I've read target disk mode can be used for similar (?) purposes, but I just want a simple answer: Do Thunderbolt cables/ports allow such a connection? Or are they just for external storage and displays?
- Asked by Evan S from Traverse City
- Flag as inappropriate (File transfer w/PC)
will this cable connect to a late 2012 iMac Thunderbolt 2 Port?
Using Thunderbolt ports I want to connect my iMac late 2012 to my new 2018 Mac Can I use this Thunderbolt 2 cable to connect my 2012 Mac (I have the adaptor that will bridge the connection between the 2012 Thunderbolt 2 port to the 2018 Thunderbolt 3 port.
I just need to know if this cable will connect to my Late 2012 Mac Thunderbolt 2 port. I am hoping to use 1 Mac as a Second monitor, an extended desktop
- Asked by Robert C from Bethpage
- Flag as inappropriate (will this cable connect to a late 2012 iMac Thunderbolt 2 Port?)
Will this cable work as a connector to my iMac 2009 to make it into an external monitor for my current model Macbook Pro?
I'm looking for a thunderbolt cable that will allow me to use my old iMac (2009) to be used as an external 2nd monitor for me Macbook Pro Retina.
- Asked by Symon C from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable work as a connector to my iMac 2009 to make it into an external monitor for my current model Macbook Pro?)
Can this cable be used to transfer data between Macs?
Can this cable be used to transfer data between Macs?
- Asked by Noah K from Escondido
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used to transfer data between Macs?)
ethernet vs thunderbolt for migration
If using migration assistant to transfer system from old macbook pro with thunderbolt port to new macbook pro with thunderbolt port, is it better to use wired ethernet connection or thunderbolt connection for the migration? Which is faster?
- Asked by Alan F from Cloverdale
- Flag as inappropriate (ethernet vs thunderbolt for migration)
Are USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt compatible, is there an adapter presently on the market? If not can I upgrade my USB 2.0 to 3.0 on my Macbook?
I currently have a Macbook Pro 13' and have USB 3.0 1 TB external hard drives for my media needs. I would like to be able to use the speeds of Thunderbolt or USB 3.0 when moving things around. I have searched for an adapter without success, so if there is nothing currently available could I upgrade my USB ports?
- Asked by Joshua T from South Abington Township
- Flag as inappropriate (Are USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt compatible, is there an adapter presently on the market? If not can I upgrade my USB 2.0 to 3.0 on my Macbook?)
Can my iMac (2013) connect to my macbook pro (2012) with the thunderbolt cable and be used (the macbook pro) as a second display?
can a new macbook air thunderbolt to an imac-2010 with mini display port
i bought a thunderblot cable without checking my imac2010 very carefully. now i found my imac only has one minidisplay port. is it possible to connect my macbook air(2011new with thunderbolt) to the minidisplay of imac? i tried the com+f2 on my imac, but it doesn't work.
i am really confused by apple, the thunderbolt fit very well to the mini display port.
- Asked by Xiaofei Z
- Flag as inappropriate (can a new macbook air thunderbolt to an imac-2010 with mini display port)
Can the thunderbolt cable be used on Macbook Pro Retina?
- Asked by Anthony B from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the thunderbolt cable be used on Macbook Pro Retina?)
can I connect the thunderbolt cable between macbook pro and ipod touch?
- Asked by Andrew T from Mouterre-sur-blourde
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect the thunderbolt cable between macbook pro and ipod touch?)
Will this cable enable you to use the Mid 2010 iMac with Mini Display Port as a display for the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt in clam shell mode?