Similar questions from the community
Can I use the airport time capsule to also backup my iPad and iPhone
- Asked by Michael P from Valley Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the airport time capsule to also backup my iPad and iPhone)
Backup and Restore or Airport Time Capsule
I'm conscious of only having one backup of my valuable files. I am thinking to use the Airport Time Capsule as my primary network storage location as well as a backup location for my Macs, but don't want to lose everything if it's HDD fails.
Can you backup the Airport Time Capsule (ATC) to an external USB HDD/SSD and can this be scheduled? How?
Can you recover the ATC from the external USB HDD/SSD if the internal ATC drive fails? How?
- Asked by Beau F from Mudgeeraba
- Flag as inappropriate (Backup and Restore or Airport Time Capsule)
How do I access the files from the time capsule back up?
I bought a new time capsule last week. It is working well, no problems but I cannot see the backup files, how do I access them?
- Asked by Denis O
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I access the files from the time capsule back up?)
how many devices does airport time capsule support
I am planning to buy a 2tb time capsule....We use 13 devices iMac iPhones iPads etc. can it support all our devices and can we stores all our photo and movie files and access them remotely. Can we stream movies from time capsule to tv.
- Asked by Bill O
- Flag as inappropriate (how many devices does airport time capsule support)
Transferring existing external backup hard drives to Airport Time Capsule?
I want to backup 4 devices on a home wifi network with an Airport Time Capsule (ATC):
iPad I (iOS 5.1.1)
iMac (OS 10.5.8, connected via ethernet cable to Airport Extreme.
MBA (OS 10.8.4)
The iMac is backed up by 2 external hard drives, a 1 TB OWC Mercury Elite that has only TimeMachine backup of the iMac, and a 250 GB Mercury Elite that is the storage for the iPhoto library on the iMac and for some other photo backups.
Questions. 1. Can I backup the iMac, which has most data, via the ethernet cable to ATC instead of via wifi? 2. Can I transfer or move the 1TB that Time Machine has backed up on the external hard to ATC? 3. Can I manually transfer data, for example the iPhoto Library or other photo back up from the 250GB external to the Airport Time Capsule?
thanks for help,
- Asked by Armando M from Wilson
- Flag as inappropriate (Transferring existing external backup hard drives to Airport Time Capsule?)
Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?
Using a home Wi-Fi, am I able to back up my apple device to the time capsule?
- Asked by Maurice J from Newark
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I backup my iPhone with time capsule?)
can ipad do home sharing from AirPort Time Capsule-2TB
can ipad do the home sharing music file from AirPort Time Capsule-2TB
- Asked by Joe S
- Flag as inappropriate (can ipad do home sharing from AirPort Time Capsule-2TB)
Can time capsule connect with iPad air?
I wanted to by airport time capsule 2 tb but I had a query that can it connect to iPad Air?? and send data to it or from my iPad can I send data to air port.?? . If I can then how
- Asked by Darshil P
- Flag as inappropriate (Can time capsule connect with iPad air?)
No answers yet
Can you set up the AirPort Time Capsule to automatically back up photos, videos, files, etc. from multiple sources, i.e. MacBook, iPhone, iPad, etc?
My family is mostly an apple family, with a few iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks, plus a couple pcs, but want to be able to store everything in one local place, but not have to manually add the new items every time we want to back it up. Does the Capsule have an auto backup feature in addition to the time capsule thing for the macs that works with the iPhones and iPads?
- Asked by Andrew S from Fayetteville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you set up the AirPort Time Capsule to automatically back up photos, videos, files, etc. from multiple sources, i.e. MacBook, iPhone, iPad, etc?)
What are my options to have an online backup for the airport time capsule
I am planning to purchase an AirPort Time Capsule to act as a NAS, so my iPhoto and iTunes folders will be located on it.
I hope this plan makes sense and other people are doing the same.
There shouldn't be any problem with this, but I would like to have it backed up online, in case it fails.
Do I have to run backup software such as CrashPlan from my macbook in order to have that, or does this device supports any type of online backup out of the box?
- Asked by Uzi K from Albany
- Flag as inappropriate (What are my options to have an online backup for the airport time capsule)
The AirPort Time Capsule could be used as backup of the network files for PC´s using Windows XP,Vista, 7 and 8?
Airport support Windows PC´s for Backup and Wireless use?
- Asked by Jorge P from Lehigh Acres
- Flag as inappropriate (The AirPort Time Capsule could be used as backup of the network files for PC´s using Windows XP,Vista, 7 and 8?)
can i use the time capsule just for backups and not for wifi
- Asked by Dennis M from Mchenry
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use the time capsule just for backups and not for wifi)
Android Airport time capsule compatibility
I have a macbook pro and an Android mobile devices and wanted to know if airport time capsule will work as a storage and backup solution on Android.
I know it will work as a modem for internet access but will I be able to store my data and access it from my non apple devices?
- Asked by Omar N from Dayton
- Flag as inappropriate (Android Airport time capsule compatibility)
No answers yet
Apple time capsule - how to verify a backup.
Ive just purchased a new computer. I have an Airport timecapsule and the backup are up-to-date ready for transfer to the new computer. My question relates to verification of the back-ups. I noticed “once” that during a backup it was trying to do a verification of the backup and it got stuck at 51% for over 12 hours - I gave up and turned off the computer. Now that I’m about to transfer data over to the new computer, I’m wondering if I should do the verification again - however, I cant find any options on the backup preferences to do this. My question- is the verification essential to do prior to transferring data to the new computer and how do I do this? Many thanks
- Asked by Karina W from Kadina
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple time capsule - how to verify a backup.)
No answers yet
How do I know if files are backed up on my Airport time capsule
- Asked by Natalie D from Downers Grove
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know if files are backed up on my Airport time capsule)