Similar questions from the community
will this connect to smart tv?
Will I be able to stream movie files from the Time Capsule to my Samsung Smart TV?
- Asked by Nicholas W from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (will this connect to smart tv?)
i backed up my moves to a hard drive can i connect that to an airport time capsule and use home sharing to watch them on my apple tv?
- Asked by Matt J from Menifee
- Flag as inappropriate (i backed up my moves to a hard drive can i connect that to an airport time capsule and use home sharing to watch them on my apple tv?)
What brand/model of switch does Apple recommend be used with this device?
I recently had my home wired with ethernet cable so that I can deliver the internet signal to multiple rooms/TVs/devices via a wired connection (instead of WiFi). The source of the internet signal is my Apple AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB. My electrician has advised that I should install a switch between the Time Capsule and connect the output from the switch to the multiple ethernet lines that have been run. Please advise if Apple offers an appropriate switch, or recommends another manufacturer's switch for this type of installation.
- Asked by Andrew W from Bronxville
- Flag as inappropriate (What brand/model of switch does Apple recommend be used with this device?)
Is Ethernet needed for this to work? I have a 3 floor townhouse with modem on the bottom floor. I hate Fios.
I would like to keep the time capsule on the mid level alongside my iMac on the computer desk, but I don't know what will give me the fastest connection. I don't understand what the thunderbolt adapters and other cables do. Help!!! Thanks in advance!
Side note: what hard drive (if any) do I need to stream my media to other devices besides my Apple TV?
- Asked by Brandi S from Severn
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Ethernet needed for this to work? I have a 3 floor townhouse with modem on the bottom floor. I hate Fios.)
Can I put the Airport Time Capsule on a physical LAN (wired) in my house which has one other Wireless router on it (Netgear)?
My goal is to get an extended wireless network through a large house. i have CAT5 cabling through the house and can physically connect the two devices with one being the gateway DHCP router and connection to the cable modem. My other device is a newer Netgear WNDR 3400 which I'm fairly sure can be setup in what is called a "Bridge Mode" which I understand sets it up as a repeater. Thanks of your help.
I have Apple TV, many iDevices, an iMAC workstation and several laptops in the house. Would love to share common storage and extend the network.
- Asked by R Lee P from Morrisville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I put the Airport Time Capsule on a physical LAN (wired) in my house which has one other Wireless router on it (Netgear)?)
Adding a time capsule to an existing network and configuring for the speediest backups?
I have a 27" i5 iMac on my home wireless network running off my ISP-provided wireless router. Many other devices like my TV and TIVO connect to this network so I'd like leave it as the creator of my wireless network.
I'd like to add a time capsule for backups from the iMac. I assume the time capsule can connect to my existing wireless network and I could back up that way but I was concerned that I may be sacrificing speed essential for backups compared with using the native wireless built-in to the time capsule.
Is it possible for the iMac to either:
- connect to both wireless networks at once
- connect to my existing router's wireless network but somehow switch to the time capsule's network when doing a backup.
I don't want to connect the time capsule direct via ethernet cable to my iMac as I would like to keep them separate for security purposes
- Asked by David F from Paddington
- Flag as inappropriate (Adding a time capsule to an existing network and configuring for the speediest backups?)
can apple tv access movies on time capsule through i phone
Basically I do not want to go through my i pad or macbook to stream to my Apple TV. I would like to use my phone for this.
- Asked by Richard M from Charlestown
- Flag as inappropriate (can apple tv access movies on time capsule through i phone)
I need a device to record movies from Apple TV and Netflix
- Asked by Adao M from York
- Flag as inappropriate (I need a device to record movies from Apple TV and Netflix)
Can I use a wireless WAN connection?
My primary Internet connection consists of a mobile hotspot with a five user limit. I would like to have a Time Capsule as my primary wireless router, but it would have to connect to the mobile hotspot and rebound the Internet connection through a different wifi ssid. Essentially, instead of connecting a wired WAN connection, it would connect to another network and use that as the WAN connection. Is this possible?
- Asked by Jaydon C from Meadow
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a wireless WAN connection?)
Can I back up an externally connected disk?
If I connect an external disk to the TC via USB, can I backup that external disk to the TC? Specifically, I am trying to store my iPhoto library on the external disk so that multiple computers can share that one library and then have that one library be backed up to TC. Thanks!
- Asked by Sajid A from Fulton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up an externally connected disk?)
How to connect usb devices?
For instance one or two external hard-drives.
- Asked by Paul O from Thornhill
- Flag as inappropriate (How to connect usb devices?)
No answers yet
can I connect an apple monitor
- Asked by Victor Hugo N from Mexico
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect an apple monitor)
Squeezebox Support on Airport?
Does anyone know if an Airport Time Capsule would offer Squeezebox support? I'm considering moving from an all windows environment to an iMac with an Airport time capsule. Ideally I'd like to be able to access a music library from Squeezebox on an airport even with the iMac off. I realize there is Apple TV and the like, but I've got a good investment already in squeezebox devices and controllers I'd like to continue to use. Has anyone tried this before? Sorry, not very technical here so forgive me but from browsing the logitech site it looks like Squeezebox is incapable of connecting to N networks and we would need to change modem settings to B or G. I assume that is done at the wireless router and isn't any worse that what I have now? Any downsides here? Thanks everyone!
- Asked by Darren N from Sterling
- Flag as inappropriate (Squeezebox Support on Airport?)
No answers yet
Can I use Airport Extreme as wifi for use with xFinity Xi5 wireless tv box?
Have weak signal from xFinity supplied gateway. I already have AE latest generation. Wondering if I deactivate xfinity wifi signal and use AE instead.
- Asked by Michael S from Acworth
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Airport Extreme as wifi for use with xFinity Xi5 wireless tv box?)
has ethernet cable connection between time capsule and imac priority over WIFI connection
At the time my iMac gets its Internet access over WLAN of a Router/modem.
The connection between airport TimeCapsule and the iMac is also wireless.
After updating to Sierra (coincidence?) I get very often the message that the backup on the TimeCapsule is corrupt, and time machine initiates a new backup. I want to try the next backup over a cable connection between the Computer and the TimeCapsule.
1. What happens if I connect my iMac 27 2012 to the Airport Time capsule per Ethernet cable, but the WLAN on the iMac remains active? Will the connection between the iMac and the TC be through cable or through WLAN?
2. Will the iMac WLAN function?
- Asked by Dimitar L
- Flag as inappropriate (has ethernet cable connection between time capsule and imac priority over WIFI connection)