Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
USB devices compatilible and power requirements
Is there a list of compatible USB devices? I am searching for a USB RS232 serial adapter.
And which USB Ethernet adapter does not require extra power?
- Asked by Jeroen K from Hong Kong
- Flag as inappropriate (USB devices compatilible and power requirements)
No answers yet
Which USB-Ethernet adapters are compatible with this solution?
- Asked by Stuart U from Elizabethtown
- Flag as inappropriate (Which USB-Ethernet adapters are compatible with this solution?)
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?)
Can I plug an Apple Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and then into an iPadPro(mini)?
I want to use the small iPadPro with a wired network connection, with video HDMI out and keep it all powered up.
It looks like it is physically possible to connect the Lightning™ Digital AV Adapter into the iPad then attach a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to that and then power that adaptor. But will it work?
Will this adapter finally allow for USB flash drive or external HDD use?
Now that this new adapter is powered and works with other peripherals, will the use of USB flash drives and external HDDs now be possible? Is it still a security and/or file system issue keeping those items from being compatible?
- Asked by Aaron M from Hattiesburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter finally allow for USB flash drive or external HDD use?)
Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?
I have have an Irig pro audio interface which uses lightning to connect to my iPhone.
I was wondering if the second lightning adapter port is fullly functional and not just for power?
My iteration is to plug in a usb keyboard into the USB port and use the other lightning port for the the irig audio interface.
- Asked by Stephen M
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the second lightning port on the adapter fully functional?)
Can the lighting USB 3 adapter be used to transfer data from the iPad pro to an external hard drive or is there any other way of doing this ?
The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please
The description implies that this provides a way to use ethernet and USB hubs and devices with the iPad Pro.
Where can we see documentation of what functionality is available this way. For example, does it mean you could put a USB hub on it, and plug an external RAID drive for storage?
Hi, would I be able to also take advantage of this item with my iPad Air 2 by connecting a USB to Ethernet adapter for a more reliable network speed?
- Asked by Jorge A from Hialeah Gardens
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi, would I be able to also take advantage of this item with my iPad Air 2 by connecting a USB to Ethernet adapter for a more reliable network speed?)
Does this adapter support Ethernet on an IPad Air 2?
- Asked by Kevin P from Blue Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support Ethernet on an IPad Air 2?)
Does this adapter allow syncing of music and videos into their respective apps?
Now that it's officially recognized that this adapter can be used for things like ethernet adapters, podcast microphones, and hard drives, I am wondering if I connect an external hard drive with music and videos on it, if I can add music files to the music app on iPad, and video files to Videos.app on iPad.
- Asked by Erik P from Grand Forks
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter allow syncing of music and videos into their respective apps?)
Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?
I’m looking for an adapter to enable my camera to be transferring photos to my iPad. Since I’m going a trip soon where I’ll not going to take my laptop along with me, so I’m looking for an alternative to transfer my photo from camera to my iPad. However there’s a lot of complaints said this adapter is not functioning, is it true? I’m planning to use it along with my Canon 5D Mark II, iPad Air and iPhone 6.
- Asked by Francis T from Butterworth
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?)
Can I use my iPad Pro 256Gb as data storage from the USB3 Camera storage Adapter
As a film maker, I'm always backing up data (Video File) in the field. Can I transfer from a USB card reader onto the iPad as data and retrieve from the iPad in my studio later?
- Asked by Gary C.j. S from Chermside West
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my iPad Pro 256Gb as data storage from the USB3 Camera storage Adapter)
How do you power this up to use a wired ethernet connection? Is there a hidden socket around the back?
Hardwiring an iPad to a network and then being able to power the iPad and use video out with a predictable video resolution would finally make this into a useful bit of kit. iPads are being used to interact with the public but they are a pain in the bum when it comes to keeping them charged and connected to a network, especially when they are also video mirroring.
On an iPad Pro, will this adapter allow me to import a MP3 file from a USB thumb drive into GarageBand?
Our sound system at church allows me to record any audio from the system into a MP3 file on a USB drive or SD card. I'd like to pull these straight into GarageBand for podcast editing. Right now, I have to jump through numerous hoops to make this happen.
- Asked by Todd B from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate (On an iPad Pro, will this adapter allow me to import a MP3 file from a USB thumb drive into GarageBand?)