Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will this adapter finally allow for USB flash drive or external HDD use?
Now that this new adapter is powered and works with other peripherals, will the use of USB flash drives and external HDDs now be possible? Is it still a security and/or file system issue keeping those items from being compatible?
- Asked by Aaron M from Hattiesburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter finally allow for USB flash drive or external HDD use?)
Will use usb flash drive work on iPad
- Asked by Rashmi T from Mumbai
- Flag as inappropriate (Will use usb flash drive work on iPad)
No answers yet
On an iPad Pro, will this adapter allow me to import a MP3 file from a USB thumb drive into GarageBand?
Our sound system at church allows me to record any audio from the system into a MP3 file on a USB drive or SD card. I'd like to pull these straight into GarageBand for podcast editing. Right now, I have to jump through numerous hoops to make this happen.
- Asked by Todd B from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate (On an iPad Pro, will this adapter allow me to import a MP3 file from a USB thumb drive into GarageBand?)
Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
- Asked by Christina S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?)
Can u use this adapter for a flash drive or printer
Will this adapter work if I plug in a printer to the USB port on it or a flash drive
- Asked by Peyton O from Kettering
- Flag as inappropriate (Can u use this adapter for a flash drive or printer)
Can I use this device to copy files from my iCloud drive to another device attached to the USB port?
e.g. I store GPX route files for navigation on my iCloud drive and want to be able to copy them to my Garmin cycle computer using iPad. currently I need a laptop to do this
do this work with flash drives and hard drives
- Asked by Michael G
- Flag as inappropriate (do this work with flash drives and hard drives)
No answers yet
Does this adapter allow syncing of music and videos into their respective apps?
Now that it's officially recognized that this adapter can be used for things like ethernet adapters, podcast microphones, and hard drives, I am wondering if I connect an external hard drive with music and videos on it, if I can add music files to the music app on iPad, and video files to Videos.app on iPad.
- Asked by Erik P from Grand Forks
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter allow syncing of music and videos into their respective apps?)
Does this adapter allow connection of external storage devices [sticks] so data can b read/loaded to iPad Pro & written back to the external device?
Can this thing export photos from iPad to my USB flash drive?
- Asked by To L from Dfgererawe
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this thing export photos from iPad to my USB flash drive?)
If I use this usb 3 adapotor on y iPad Air 2 or iPad Pro, can I download some pics my brother gave me on a thumb drive?
- Asked by Jeff D from Watertown
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use this usb 3 adapotor on y iPad Air 2 or iPad Pro, can I download some pics my brother gave me on a thumb drive?)
Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?
I’m looking for an adapter to enable my camera to be transferring photos to my iPad. Since I’m going a trip soon where I’ll not going to take my laptop along with me, so I’m looking for an alternative to transfer my photo from camera to my iPad. However there’s a lot of complaints said this adapter is not functioning, is it true? I’m planning to use it along with my Canon 5D Mark II, iPad Air and iPhone 6.
- Asked by Francis T from Butterworth
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter works with Canon 5D Mark II? Or will it pop up ‘this device used too much power’?)
Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
I would like to know if the USB 3 port is powered, and if so how many watts of power it provides.
- Asked by Anish B from Girraween
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?)
Does this charge the iPad?. If so which ones?
- Asked by Morris G from Norcross
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this charge the iPad?. If so which ones?)
No answers yet
The description for this says if you add USB power to this, you can connect the iPad Pro to USB hubs, ethernet, etc. Docs of what these can do, please
The description implies that this provides a way to use ethernet and USB hubs and devices with the iPad Pro.
Where can we see documentation of what functionality is available this way. For example, does it mean you could put a USB hub on it, and plug an external RAID drive for storage?
Video from 8 Plus to 12.9" Pro (2nd Gen)
I am trying to get video shot in (in Filmic Pro, and up to 15gb of raw data) transferred from my iPhone 8 Plus to my iPad Pro 12.9" (2nd Gen) while in the field (no external power is available), will this work using this set up (knowing I need a USB drive)?
Currently using a Sandisk ixpand drive, but the transfer times taking off the phone, and then to the ipad are incredibly slow.
Plus, and really worse, it really drains significant battery life from both.
If no, might you have any suggestions as to how to get this done?
- Asked by Michael T from Hastings
- Flag as inappropriate (Video from 8 Plus to 12.9" Pro (2nd Gen))
No answers yet