Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I use this to connect a Samsung T5 SSD to my Mac Pro 2013?
Hi, I have a Mac Pro (Late 2013) with 6 Thunderbolt 2 ports, I need extra hard drive space and would like to take advantage of the 20 Gbps Thunderbolt speeds. I see the Samsung T5 SSD is USB-C.
So if I buy this adapter will it connect a Mac Pro to a Samsung T5?
I know similar questions have been asked but I couldn't see a clear Yes or No answer...
- Asked by Mark L from Ballina
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect a Samsung T5 SSD to my Mac Pro 2013?)
Does this adapter support bidirectional data transfer, want to add a sudo usb 3.0 port to my mid 2011 mac mini
OK basically I want to add a usb 3.0 port to my old but still kicking mid 2011 mac mini. I already upped the ram to 16gb ( apple you liar with the 8gb max ) and im about to upgrade my slow stock HDD to a SSD. Now my dilemma is as follows
1) I am well aware of the kanex thunderbolt to usb 3.0 adapter but not willing to shell out $79.99 yet unless this is my only option unless someone with a similar mid 2011 mac mini has evidence to prove it works
2) Basically since the description on the apple site states
"As a bidirectional adapter, it can also connect new Thunderbolt 3 devices to a Mac with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port and macOS
So if this adapter is truly bidirectional as is stated ---- if i buy this + a male thunderbolt to male thunderbolt cable which id connect to my mac and the other end to the female thunderbolt port on this adapter would i then be able to either
a) connect the male usb-c to a gender changer adapter female usb-c to female usb 3.0 type A connection thus allowing me to
connect my usb 3.0 hub i have already giving me at least noticeably faster data transfer speeds vs the slow usb 2.0 ports
b) buy a usb 3.1 micro B to a usb - c female cable to use my external HDD
i know i should eventually upgrade to a new mac but my mid 2011 mac mini is still working strong
- Asked by Matthew V from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support bidirectional data transfer, want to add a sudo usb 3.0 port to my mid 2011 mac mini)