Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Does this adapter help connect a MacBook Pro to a Thunderbolt 2 docking station?
I've got a StarTech Thunderbolt 2 docking station that I'm using with two HP monitors (VGA cable
DisplayPort cable, Thunderbolt 3 cables). Will this adapter help connect the monitors via the docking station to my 2018 13" MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Evelina K from Strathfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter help connect a MacBook Pro to a Thunderbolt 2 docking station?)
Macbook Retina 12inch Early 2015 >>>Thunderbolt Adapter>>>>> Apple Thunderbolt Display 27 inc >>> Can I connect ??
I want to connect the below devices.
Macbook Retina 12inch Early 2015 >>> Apple Thunderbolt Display 27 inc using Thunderbolt3 to thunderbolt2 adapter
I have already purchased this Thunderbolt adapter but I am not able to get the display. I realised that the MacBook USB c may not be compatible,
IS THERE ANY WAY i.e. ADAPTER, USB-C to Thunderbolt 3 (USB -C) adapter or anything else (third party hubs etc) That I can use to make this work
PLEASE HELP ME IF THERE IS ANY SOLUTION OUT THERE
What exactly is the difference between the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter to the USB-C to USB Adapter?
I want to connect an adapter to my MacBook Pro so that I can connect the Apple USB Superdrive. Does it matter which adapter I use? Would either work?
Can this adapter be used on my MacBook with USB-C?nullSpecifically, can it be used to connect my MacBook to my Apple Cinema Display?
Can this adapter be used to connect a USB C monitor to a Mac Mini (which only has USB A and Thunderbolt ports)?
In particular, I'd like to connect an AOC i1601fwux monitor which would need both power and video from the single USB C cable.
- Asked by Michael P from Waban
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used to connect a USB C monitor to a Mac Mini (which only has USB A and Thunderbolt ports)?)
Will this adapter allow me to connect an LG 27UK850 monitor (with USB-C) to my MacBook Pro (13", Early 2015) using a Thunderbolt 2 cable?
External Display to MacBook Pro Early 2015
- Asked by Philip B from Rancho Murieta
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter allow me to connect an LG 27UK850 monitor (with USB-C) to my MacBook Pro (13", Early 2015) using a Thunderbolt 2 cable?)
connecting a USB-C drive to an older Thunderbolt 2 MacBook Pro
Just purchased a USB-C ext. drive that I want to use for my Time Machine B/U with an older MBP 15 that uses TB2. The new drive will connect to my USB-2 port but I want the faster TB2 speed. What adapter can I buy that will connect the USB-C to the TB2 port on my mac?
- Asked by Nick C from Clearwater
- Flag as inappropriate (connecting a USB-C drive to an older Thunderbolt 2 MacBook Pro)
Can I daisy chain two Thunderbolt displays to the MacBook Pro using the USB-C Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter? MBP->Adapter->TBD-(chain)->TBD?
Does the new USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter allow this chaining? My old MBP is connected to two Thunderbolt Displays in a daisy chain like this, and I want to continue the same approach
Will it support legacy thunderbolt adapter cables, such as the thunderbolt to ethernet adapter and the thunderbolt to firewire adapter?
Will this provide power to my MacBook Pro 2016 from an Apple Thunderbolt Display?
Currently, with the Apple Thunderbolt Display, there's a MagSafe cable that provides power to my MacBook Pro 2012 Retina while all peripherals are connected via Thunderbolt . So, will this adapter provide power and peripheral connectivity or will I have to purchase a new LG Thunderbolt 3 Monitor?
- Asked by Kevin H from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this provide power to my MacBook Pro 2016 from an Apple Thunderbolt Display?)
Should the network connection be passed through from an older Apple Thunderbolt Display
I have an older Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch (2560 x 1440) Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB graphics). I attached it to my new MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) using a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter. For my old Mac Book Pro, I could attach to the network by plugging an ethernet cable into the display, but that network connection doesn't seem to pass though with the new MacBook pro and this cable.
Should it work? If so, what do I have to do?
- Asked by Alan C from Acton
- Flag as inappropriate (Should the network connection be passed through from an older Apple Thunderbolt Display)
Can I daisy chain with the TB2 to TB3 adapter?
Can I daisy chain a Lacie D2 w/ TB2 to a TB3 external hard drive with the apple adapter? I would like the keep a TB3 connection open.
- Asked by Ian N from Vacaville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I daisy chain with the TB2 to TB3 adapter?)
No answers yet