Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will this adapter allow me to use a 2015 Retina MacBook Pro with an LG UltraFine 4k display?
I understand that the LG UltraFine 4k display uses USB-C and the 2015 Retina MacBook Pro has two thunderbolt 2 ports. Should this adapter work with a thunderbolt 2 cord to connect these two devices?
- Asked by Taurean B from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter allow me to use a 2015 Retina MacBook Pro with an LG UltraFine 4k display?)
Does this adapter support bidirectional data transfer, want to add a sudo usb 3.0 port to my mid 2011 mac mini
OK basically I want to add a usb 3.0 port to my old but still kicking mid 2011 mac mini. I already upped the ram to 16gb ( apple you liar with the 8gb max ) and im about to upgrade my slow stock HDD to a SSD. Now my dilemma is as follows
1) I am well aware of the kanex thunderbolt to usb 3.0 adapter but not willing to shell out $79.99 yet unless this is my only option unless someone with a similar mid 2011 mac mini has evidence to prove it works
2) Basically since the description on the apple site states
"As a bidirectional adapter, it can also connect new Thunderbolt 3 devices to a Mac with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port and macOS
So if this adapter is truly bidirectional as is stated ---- if i buy this + a male thunderbolt to male thunderbolt cable which id connect to my mac and the other end to the female thunderbolt port on this adapter would i then be able to either
a) connect the male usb-c to a gender changer adapter female usb-c to female usb 3.0 type A connection thus allowing me to
connect my usb 3.0 hub i have already giving me at least noticeably faster data transfer speeds vs the slow usb 2.0 ports
b) buy a usb 3.1 micro B to a usb - c female cable to use my external HDD
i know i should eventually upgrade to a new mac but my mid 2011 mac mini is still working strong
- Asked by Matthew V from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support bidirectional data transfer, want to add a sudo usb 3.0 port to my mid 2011 mac mini)
Could I use this adapter to connect iPad Pro 2018 with a belkin TB2 dock? And to drive a monitor with hdmi of the dock?
Port of my device:
IPad Pro 2018: USB-C
Belkin thunderbolt2 dock: thunderbolt2, hdmi, USB-A, Ethernet, Aux.
I am doing fine with my macbookpro 2013 with thunderbolt2 to the dock. good for monitor, keyboard, earphone and Ethernet internet.
May I replace my macbookpro by iPad pro 2018 to keep all the functions fine?
Thank you guys very much.
- Asked by Xian W from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate (Could I use this adapter to connect iPad Pro 2018 with a belkin TB2 dock? And to drive a monitor with hdmi of the dock?)