Questions & Answers for PROMISE Pegasus2 R6 18TB (6 x 3TB) Thunderbolt 2 RAID System
4 Questions + 1 Answer
4 Questions from the Community
Can this be configured as JBOD? (6 individual volumes without raid).
I want to set up as an external hard drive to back up my current data with Time Machine and also to add work data which I can access easily on a daily basis.
First question: Is JBOD the best solution for this situation and if so, second question: If I set up as JBOD does it mean that 6 icons will appear as 6 separate drives or will it be shown as one large drive?
- Asked by Andrew M
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be configured as JBOD? (6 individual volumes without raid).)
can i hook up old drobo with usb only to pegasus and daisy chain
- Asked by Debra K from Delaware
- Flag as inappropriate (can i hook up old drobo with usb only to pegasus and daisy chain)
Nope. You can only daily chain via thunderbolt / thunderbolt 2. Sub doesn't have bandwidth, and the ports are not designed for this.
- Answered by Fred F from Overland Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i hook up old drobo with usb only to pegasus and daisy chain)
Can the Pegasus2 R6 or the drives in the Pegasus2 Series be assessed by MacPro running Win8.1 (under Bootcamp) and OS/X?
Can the new MacPro (Late 2013) running both OS/X Maverick and Win 8.1 (under Bootcamp) read/write files to the Pegasus2 R6 (or any model in the series). If so, would it be under the same partition or different partition in the same drive?
Can this R6 be bought with 6 x 4tTB drives?
- Asked by Ian M from East Brisbane
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this R6 be bought with 6 x 4tTB drives?)