Questions & Answers for LG UltraFine 5K Display
47 Questions from the Community
Is it feasible to use this with a desktop PC when not using it with my MacBook Pro?
I would like to have a monitor to use with my Windows Desktop PC that I can also to connect to my MacBook Pro when I want to use that machine at my desk instead of my desktop. Is this possible? Or will I have to look at other options?
How many of these can I connect to the new MBP?
- Asked by Christophe M from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate (How many of these can I connect to the new MBP?)
15" = 2
13" = 1
- Answered by William O
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How many of these can I connect to the new MBP?)
5k display has power output of 85Watt, I have new Macbook Pro 15" which has power adapter of 87W , any issue in charging this via 5K display?
No answers yet
is there a headphone output?
- Asked by Ben H from Springfield
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a headphone output?)
No, however you can either use the headphone jack on the computer that you're plugging into this monitor, or you can get a USB-C to headphone jack adapter/cable to plug into the monitor.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is there a headphone output?)
What Are the Dimensions of the Box?
I'm planning on picking one up at my Apple Store and then walking it home. I have a rather large backpack that I use for transporting things. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the box itself? I doubt I can fit it in my backpack, but if I could, it would be much easier.
- Asked by Seth N from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate (What Are the Dimensions of the Box?)
Is it possible to prevent LG 5K display from charging MacBook Pro when connected?
I don't want to continuously charge my MacBook when when connected as I am conscious of this being bad for the battery. Is there a way to turn the charging off or connect in an alternative way?
- Asked by Alex G
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to prevent LG 5K display from charging MacBook Pro when connected?)