Questions & Answers for LaCie 2TB Rugged USB-C + USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
4 Questions + 1 Answer
4 Questions from the Community
could I use this with a iPad Air 3 if I use an adaptor?
- Asked by Adams P from Beijing
- Flag as inappropriate (could I use this with a iPad Air 3 if I use an adaptor?)
Can I delete items from my Mac and it will be saved/reappear on my LaCie hard drive when I plug it back in?
I purchased a LaCie a while back and I am not sure if I understood how hard drives work. I bought this because my previous hard drive did not save any of my files when my Mac got stolen. As a student, I accumulated school work and want to clear out my laptop. If I plug in my LaCie, all my files should be uploaded on the hard drive right? So if I delete them off my Mac afterwards, I would not have to worry because my LaCie would have them still?
- Asked by Audrielle A from Vallejo
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I delete items from my Mac and it will be saved/reappear on my LaCie hard drive when I plug it back in?)
No, it is a standard HDD (Hard Disk Drive) like most other hard drives on the market, however this one has a USB-C connection. I'm not sure if the USB-C connection will act as Thunderbolt 3 when connected to a 2016 and newer MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Chris S from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is it an SSD?)