Questions & Answers for PROMISE SANLink3 T1 NBASE-T Ethernet Interface
4 Questions from the Community
does this device support cat7 cable ?
- Asked by Wing Tai Charlie Y
- Flag as inappropriate (does this device support cat7 cable ?)
What exactly is the fan symbol above that small hole on the back?
None of the PDF's on the Promise website say anything about it, either...?
- Asked by James S
- Flag as inappropriate (What exactly is the fan symbol above that small hole on the back?)
AFAICT without owning one, underneath the symbol is a small LED which lights up if the small fan inside the device turns itself on to cool down. I read somewhere that the fan is near quiet anyway, so nothing to worry about.
- Answered by James S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What exactly is the fan symbol above that small hole on the back?)
can this be plugged into your wireless extender or must it be plugged into you modem & apple thunderbolt equipped device?
I'm looking for a device to extend my wifi signal. however, the computer that I'm hoping to receive a better wifi signal is not connected to a modem or router, & the modem/router that provides this signal is 0on the other end of my 4500 sq foot home with super thick walls. I currently have 2 wifi extenders to carry the signal to my computer, but I need a more efficient/stronger extender & am wondering if this one can connect to my thunderbolt device sans modem or my wifi extender w an ethernet port...
- Asked by Kelly H from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be plugged into your wireless extender or must it be plugged into you modem & apple thunderbolt equipped device?)
Not sure this is the right device you're after. This gives any Mac with a TBolt 3 port, the ability to access 10Gbit (as opposed to standard 1Gb) Ethernet networks, and the 10GbE equipment that runs on those networks.
For standard 1GbE, just use power-line adapters (for a hardwired solution), or get a quality 'mesh' type router with extenders (for a better wireless solution). Or if you can (cost-wise and structure-wise) run quality Cat6 cable in or along the walls – always solid connection into the 10GbE age around the corner.