Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
184 Questions from the Community
How can I watch a movie from my iPad on my tv
I want to watch a movie I down loaded on my iPad threw my tv
- Asked by Sandy R from Sharptown
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I watch a movie from my iPad on my tv)
Yes. There are two choices:
1) As the first poster noted, get an AppleTV. Most versatile choice and lets you display certain output like Video , pictures on the TV as well as play music from the iPad. A nice solution.
2) A cheaper solution is to get the Apple Composite AV Cable (MC748ZM)
Note that not all apps are built to support output from the iPad to the TV, but those games that do support it are awesome!
- Answered by Aleck C from Bowie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I watch a movie from my iPad on my tv)
does mini work with dell monitor
i just decided to purchase a mac mini and I'm waiting for it to arrive - but now I'm panicking because my current Dell monitor may not be compatible. Is this possible? Can I connect my new mac mini to an older Dell monitor?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (does mini work with dell monitor)
As long as it uses standard DVI or VGA inputs you should be able to do it. Depending on the model you might need an adapter or dongle.
- Answered by Cyrus A from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does mini work with dell monitor)
You need an Apple DVI to ADC adapter.
- Answered by John H from Yorba Linda
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Connect to ADC Display)
Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?
I have a Mac Mini server and a 17" MacBook Pro and would like to connect both to my 24" Mac Display. Both have the mini display port. Is there a switcher available to do this?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?)
Yes, a KVM switch allows you to use the same keyboard, mouse and monitor for multiple computers. I have used the 4way IOGEAR KVM for years, and it's great (looks like a thinner mac mini) for my Mac Mini, MacBook Pro and Dell Latitude and switch between. When I want to watch CSI on the MacMini and also work on the Dell, I use Remote Desktop to put the dell screen on part of my 24" Acer monitor, same for the MBP, using CVNC (Chicken of the VNC). Bang, there, you go! Note - You may only have two now - but get the 4 way, in case you have a "visitor" or want to add another.
BTW: my gear= IOGEAR 4 way KVM GCS634U, Apple kbd, Acer 24" monitor, Logitech two button scroll mouse. The Mac Mini and the Dell do a great job of auto recognising the kvm monitor. The MacBook Pro does not, and needs to have a prefs visit to "detect displays" on every boot.
Hope this helps -
- Answered by John G from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?)