Questions & Answers for Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
70 Questions from the Community
Does this allow two way transfer TO as well as FROM a USB device?
My real world example: import from my Flip HD camera to the iPad purely as a transitional temporary storage so I can clear the camera down and carry on with it, and either there and then, or later, transfer from the iPad to another device, whether the laptop or (while travelling) more likely a USB Pendrive, with a DCIM folder created to put it in.
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this allow two way transfer TO as well as FROM a USB device?)
simple answer: no
- Answered by Anonymous A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this allow two way transfer TO as well as FROM a USB device?)
Can these work on an iPhone 4S in IOS 9.3.5
- Asked by Michael Angelo T from Matina
- Flag as inappropriate (Can these work on an iPhone 4S in IOS 9.3.5)
Can you use the Lightning adaptor with the 30 pin camera kit to import to iPad Air/iPhone 5s and if so how?
I have the 30 pin usb and sd connection kit. When I upgraded to an iPad Air and iPhone 5s, I purchased a lightning to 30 pin adaptor so I could still import photos directly to my iPad Air and IPhone. It doesn't work. Why?
I am disappointed as I was told that this would be a compatible option as opposed to purchasing a new lightning camera adaptor kit!
- Asked by Jenny D from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Lightning adaptor with the 30 pin camera kit to import to iPad Air/iPhone 5s and if so how?)
can i transfer file from ipad to usb/sd card
i work on ipad then ii want to transfer the file on usb or sd card and carry along. is it possible ?which adopter cable should i use.
- Asked by Sebastiao F
- Flag as inappropriate (can i transfer file from ipad to usb/sd card)
can you import photos and video from a Canon EOS 550d ? USING THE CAMERA CONNECTION
I have a Canon EOS 550d camera and recently purcahsed an IPAD can I transfer the photos from the camera directly to the IPAD ? does it work USD or SD card ?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (can you import photos and video from a Canon EOS 550d ? USING THE CAMERA CONNECTION)
Can I use this to connect a camera to my iPhone 3GS?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect a camera to my iPhone 3GS?)
will sd card reader play hd videos
Will the SD card connecter play videos from a JVC HD camcorder?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (will sd card reader play hd videos)
Sd compatible images to iPad.
I save digital Xrays of injured animals onto a SD card from my laptop in the field. My iPad will not recognise these images as compatible although it will take camera jpegs from the same SD card through the Camera Connection kit. Is there a specific file type or converter that will allow me to do this. The screen on the iPad is good enough to allow assessment of the images and this saves time rather than returning to the clinic. Thank you.
- Asked by Shane F
- Flag as inappropriate (Sd compatible images to iPad.)
Will the ipad camera connx kit work with HCSD cards?
By HCSD I mean the new high capacity (over 2gb) SD cards
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the ipad camera connx kit work with HCSD cards?)
will a camera connection kit work to connect a 7th gen classic ipod to an ifi idsd headamp in order to transfer the digital signal from ipod to amp?
No answers yet
Trying to find a 30 pin connector (Dock Connector) to USB type B for the iPad3
So far, all connectors I've seen ends with a USB type A.
So, I was thinking of 2 alternatives:
1) Buy the Apple Camera Connection kit to have a USB type A input and buy a male USB type A to male USB type B cable. My goal is streaming music to an external DAC using the USB type B connection. Is the camera kit just a straight wiring to USB or will it affect the stream?
2) Use the standard cable but I need to find a female USB type A to male USB type B connector. Anyone knows where to find such a connector?
- Asked by Alain L from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Trying to find a 30 pin connector (Dock Connector) to USB type B for the iPad3)
Does this work with IOS 8.3?
Have Apple fixed some of the problems that a few were having with 8.1? I'm on iPad 2, 8.3.
- Asked by Tim B
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with IOS 8.3?)
Does the camera connection kit it work with the iOS 4.2
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the camera connection kit it work with the iOS 4.2)
Will the iPad USB connector allow me to connect my Garmin 305 Gps watch and transfer data into Garmin Connect through Safari?Answer
Further to posting this question, I have subsequently purchased the Camera Connection Kit and now know that it doesn't allow my iPad to communicate with the Garmin 305. It does, however, charge the watch if that is of any use to anyone.
The issue, I believe, is that the iPad will not allow me to download the Garmin Communicator Safari add-on which allows the watch to upload to the Internet.
Our friends at Garmin need to develop an 'ap'...
On the Camera Connection Kit, it works perfectly with my Canon EOS 5 and happily downloads images and movies from my iPhone 3Gs. It fails miserably when trying to download movies either directly from the Panasonic camera or using the SD adapter.
I can also confirm that yesterday I imported a number of compressed RAW (cRAW) files from my Sony Alpha A700 into iPad flawlessly.
It's a shame this product doesn't just take the Compact Flash card rather than having to connect (and power) the camera. Ho hum, I'm happy enough that I have validated my (otherwise lame) excuses to invest in the iPad
- Answered by Colin S from Cricklewood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Import Sony *.ARW format?)