Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
120 Questions from the Community
I have a new Toyota AyGo which has a MirrorLink display. I'm told you need to use the Appincar. Where do I get the special cable?
I have an iPhone 5s so it must work with the lightning connector. I think the cable connects the phone to both the USB and aux in sockets.
I have the Appincar app but I need the cable as wellBest Answer:
Unfortunately, MirrorLink is only compatible with the Iphone 4 and 4S.
Trying to get it working with anything newer, is just going to leave you with hours of frustration.
Best option is to email Pioneer and Toyota to complain.
Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?
I've got the Eurosport Player app on my iPad 2 and before buying the Apple Composite AV Cable, would like to know if I will be able to watch Eurosport programmes from my iPad on my TV. Thanks.
- Asked by Janet S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?)
Yes it works, and it looks good.
Skygo on the other hand does not work.
- Answered by Mark A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?)
They are two analogue video formats, but composite connection puts all the video down one connector which is more convenient but less quality. Pretty much all TV's have these, if your TV has a SCART then a simple adapter will also allow you to play it back.
Component cable have higher quality by splitting the video into three parts (mistaken for Red, Blue and Green it is really Luminance, Contrast and Hue). This is the better quality but generally only modern HD sets have them and even then most opt to use the digital HDMI.
Both carry audio over a Left and Right cable which can be plugged into a receiver if you choose.
In short if you have component on your set go for that, but if you wish to use this with other TV's or systems, it is a 99/100 chance going to support Composite. Check your TV!
- Answered by Nicholas J from Westhumble
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between av composite and av component cable?)
What adaptor do I need to use face time from my iPod touch to the tv
I have an I pod touch I would like to use face time to chat but the screen is to small is there any way to display and chat through the TV over wifi hopefully charging at the same time
- Asked by Jan M
- Flag as inappropriate (What adaptor do I need to use face time from my iPod touch to the tv)
Would whatever is on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen's screen show up on the TV?
Will everything on the screen at whichever time show up on the TV or do certain apps disable that feature?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Would whatever is on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen's screen show up on the TV?)
No it will only show video and maybe display photo's
- Answered by Anonymous A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would whatever is on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen's screen show up on the TV?)
how do I hookup my iPad to my tv to watch FaceTime on tv
- Asked by David B from Grundy Center
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hookup my iPad to my tv to watch FaceTime on tv)
i'm pleased that you asked that question.
I have been advised to buy the component cable rather than the composite if your TV is pretty new and, I guess, pretty good (HD ready etc.)
The problem is picture degradation as the Sky app is for the iPhone so degrades when blown up to TV size, which makes sense.
- Answered by Dennis J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i watch the sky sports app with a composite av cable from my iphone 4 to tv?)
Will the Component or Composite AV cables play video's created and rendered using one of the many Apps available on the iPad 2 or iPhone 4?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Component or Composite AV cables play video's created and rendered using one of the many Apps available on the iPad 2 or iPhone 4?)
No answers yet
Can this cable be used to connect the Apple TV to a TV set via USB?
Or does Apple TV need to be connected to the TV via the HDMI port (plus an adapter to connect the HDMI cable to the Composite cable)?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used to connect the Apple TV to a TV set via USB?)