Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
122 Questions from the Community
Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?
I've got the Eurosport Player app on my iPad 2 and before buying the Apple Composite AV Cable, would like to know if I will be able to watch Eurosport programmes from my iPad on my TV. Thanks.
- Asked by Janet S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?)
Yes it works, and it looks good.
Skygo on the other hand does not work.
- Answered by Mark A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I watch Eurosport Player on my TV from my iPad?)
I have a new Toyota AyGo which has a MirrorLink display. I'm told you need to use the Appincar. Where do I get the special cable?
I have an iPhone 5s so it must work with the lightning connector. I think the cable connects the phone to both the USB and aux in sockets.
I have the Appincar app but I need the cable as wellBest Answer:
Unfortunately, MirrorLink is only compatible with the Iphone 4 and 4S.
Trying to get it working with anything newer, is just going to leave you with hours of frustration.
Best option is to email Pioneer and Toyota to complain.
They are two analogue video formats, but composite connection puts all the video down one connector which is more convenient but less quality. Pretty much all TV's have these, if your TV has a SCART then a simple adapter will also allow you to play it back.
Component cable have higher quality by splitting the video into three parts (mistaken for Red, Blue and Green it is really Luminance, Contrast and Hue). This is the better quality but generally only modern HD sets have them and even then most opt to use the digital HDMI.
Both carry audio over a Left and Right cable which can be plugged into a receiver if you choose.
In short if you have component on your set go for that, but if you wish to use this with other TV's or systems, it is a 99/100 chance going to support Composite. Check your TV!
- Answered by Nicholas J from Westhumble
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between av composite and av component cable?)
Would whatever is on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen's screen show up on the TV?
Will everything on the screen at whichever time show up on the TV or do certain apps disable that feature?
- Asked by Robert W from Widnes
- Flag as inappropriate (Would whatever is on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen's screen show up on the TV?)
No it will only show video and maybe display photo's
- Answered by Tom D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would whatever is on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen's screen show up on the TV?)
Can i play game with tv by composite Av cable?
Can i use Composite Av cable for play game in tv?
- Asked by Nithikorn K from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i play game with tv by composite Av cable?)
What is the difference between apple composite AV Cable, apple VGA Adapter and Apple Digiral AV Adapter? Which one consider better?
- Asked by Chia Jun L from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between apple composite AV Cable, apple VGA Adapter and Apple Digiral AV Adapter? Which one consider better?)
No answers yet
Can you play Facebook videos on your TV using Composite AV Cable Thanks
- Asked by Skye S from Wongawallan
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you play Facebook videos on your TV using Composite AV Cable Thanks)
i'm pleased that you asked that question.
I have been advised to buy the component cable rather than the composite if your TV is pretty new and, I guess, pretty good (HD ready etc.)
The problem is picture degradation as the Sky app is for the iPhone so degrades when blown up to TV size, which makes sense.
- Answered by Dennis J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i watch the sky sports app with a composite av cable from my iphone 4 to tv?)
Video Output Resolution (with Composite AV Cable)
What will be the output resolution for each iPhone/iPad using the composite AV cable? Izzit follow the screen resolution which iPhone at 960*480 & iPad 1024*768?
- Asked by Yewchung C from Penang
- Flag as inappropriate (Video Output Resolution (with Composite AV Cable))
Can you still charge the iPhone in the universal dock while using this cable?
I want to use this cable to connect the universal dock to an amp via red and white connectors and still charge the iPnone
- Asked by Brian G
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you still charge the iPhone in the universal dock while using this cable?)
Will the Component or Composite AV cables play video's created and rendered using one of the many Apps available on the iPad 2 or iPhone 4?
No answers yet
Does the Composite AV Cable pack come with a power supply?
- Asked by Serena N from Pullenvale
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Composite AV Cable pack come with a power supply?)