Questions & Answers for Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
215 Questions from the Community
Can I use an USB thumb drive to store files (like Word or Excel files) then, with the cable, read and access these files on my iPad?
No answers yet
can you connect a fitbit to the ipod with this connector?
I want to plug in my fitbit connector usb thing to my ipad and I was wondering if this will work?
- Asked by Sarah H from Cave City
- Flag as inappropriate (can you connect a fitbit to the ipod with this connector?)
- Answered by Meg S from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you connect a fitbit to the ipod with this connector?)
Will this work with the CF card in my Canon 5D mk II? The previous version did not work on my camera due to the file size of the images or CF card?
The previous version did not support communication between my 5D mk II and the iPad.
No answers yet
Can this be used to connect the Squier USB guitar to a 5th gen iPod Touch using the USB Mini-B - USB Type A cable (for use with GarageBand)?
- Asked by Steve S from Carlsbad
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect the Squier USB guitar to a 5th gen iPod Touch using the USB Mini-B - USB Type A cable (for use with GarageBand)?)
I have successfully used Apple Lightning to USB camera adapter to connect my Squier USB guitar using the USB Mini-B to USB type A cable to my iPad Air and tested the same using GarageBand as well as RockProdigy.
Will this connector work with a canon rebel t2i?
- Asked by Chelsea P from Glendale
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this connector work with a canon rebel t2i?)
Will this work with a SLR camera?
- Asked by Richard A from Clifton
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a SLR camera?)
I can't see why not, so long as the SLR Camera has USB and can work as a USB Mass storage device or uses pictbridge etc then it should work just fine.
- Answered by Charlie N from East Malvern
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with a SLR camera?)
Will this work with either a Sony cyber-shot DSC-W5 or canon PowerShot elph 320 HS
- Asked by Beverley C from Mississauga
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with either a Sony cyber-shot DSC-W5 or canon PowerShot elph 320 HS)
Will this support a usb keyboard to use in the garage band app?
- Asked by Philip M from Amsterdam
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this support a usb keyboard to use in the garage band app?)
According to one user on another forum, it does support core midi and midi audio:
"midi through the lightning port and the USB adapter is working as I hoped.
I can confirm that connecting the MAudio UNO midi adapter via the lighting to USB cable works fine. All my synth apps like Alchemy, Magellan and Animoog are able to see my attached Roland A500 Pro keyboard through the midi ports to MAudio UNO to lightning connector on the iPad.
Note, my keyboard also has a USB port on it that can connect directly to a PC, but since it draws power for the keyboard through the USB this method will not work with the new iPad. But that never did work even on my older iPad. I have to power the keyboard with an external power supply and use the midi adapter."
- Answered by Paul W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this support a usb keyboard to use in the garage band app?)
Is it compatible with a Samsung nx10
- Asked by Elizabeth O from High Wycombe
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with a Samsung nx10)
I am answering my own question, yes, it works great! Buy one!
- Answered by David L R from Bluffton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with a audioquest dragonfly dac? Audioquest's site says so, but want to make sure.)
Assuming you're inquiring about the iPad's ability to import photos directly from a camera - no. It will not work. However, you can purchase a Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader and it will.
- Answered by Becca H from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you connect an Ipad lightning Connector to a canon S110 compact camera ?)
How can i conect my midi controller novation impulse and my focusrite scarlett 2i4 with ipad? Do work With the lightning to usb camera adapter?
No answers yet
can I use this adaptor for my iMac
The camera adaptor that I bought to download images from my Canon 5D to my iPadworks a treat! Can I use it to download from my camera to my new iMac?
Incidentally, Apple has set disastrous booby traps for the unwary: be careful, the slightest touch on the "Delete" option that comes up when one "Selects" images for downloading will permanently delate all your precious, irreplaceable photos from your camera memory card!!! It happened to me. I lost over 80 carefully taken photos during a trip to India - photos that I had meticulously planned a year in advance, after researching the Internet, for the best examples of the incredible examples of the art of "pieta dura" and other detailed decorative architectural detail in the Agra Red Fort and Itimad-ud-Daula's mausoleum. All gone in a flash, when I inattentively, inadvertently brushed a finger on the" Delete" option while scrolling!!!! Apple should never have crafted this unnecessary "Delete" option when one is merely trying to transfer/download images from camera to iPad. C'mon Apple geeks - get rid of this pitfall.
Apple: Super hardware, nicely designed, but the software is quirky and even daft! My PC was not as pretty, but was better in use!
- Asked by Michael A
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this adaptor for my iMac)
The iMac has an SD slot at the rear so does not need the SD adaptor. The iMac has USB ports as well, so will connect directly to the camera USB cable.
That is, the adaptor is not needed for the iMac.
- Answered by Stephen F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I use this adaptor for my iMac)