Questions & Answers for Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
617 Questions from the Community
Is there a lightning to 30 pin adapter with a longer lightning stem to reach through iPhone cases?
I would like to get 3-4 adapters to place around at speakers or power systems whether I am at work, at home, or on the road so I can just "pop" my iPhone 5 into it and go. But when I have to take the phone out of the case, it's just not worth it. A long-neck lightning end would let me pop and go. Thanks for getting back to me.
- Asked by Dr. Wayne E from Canton
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a lightning to 30 pin adapter with a longer lightning stem to reach through iPhone cases?)
Do I need this adapter to link my iPad to an HTC phone so I can use the phone as a Wifi hotspot?
Have been told that to get Internet when out and about that I need to connect the iPad to the phone. If so do I need the special adapter
will it support audio ... on ebay, generic ones say only for charge/sync, not audio or vidoe
8 to 30pin adapter question
- Asked by Walter S from East Northport
- Flag as inappropriate (will it support audio ... on ebay, generic ones say only for charge/sync, not audio or vidoe)
Will this adapter support the Pioneer VSK-1120K IPod functions
The Pioneer VSK-1120K recognized the new Ipod but cannot control it when used with the lightning -USB cable
- Asked by Carey R
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter support the Pioneer VSK-1120K IPod functions)
Will this new adapter work with" MyCharger" Trek2000 charger.
- Asked by Patricia C from Fayetteville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this new adapter work with" MyCharger" Trek2000 charger.)
How do I connect my pro air to my vizsio tv?
- Asked by Augustin G from Bronx
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my pro air to my vizsio tv?)
What does it mean for "iPod out"?
Will this adapter allow my phone to play music through car stereos that have USB ports for iDevices?
- Asked by Jason K from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate (What does it mean for "iPod out"?)
Based on my research it seems this adapter will only be good for charging and syncing. It is not clear if Audio will pass. If no Audio passes then all sound docks will be incompatible.
If Audio passes to sound docks then information may not pass to car stereos for steering controls etc. You would have to use bluetooth or the headphone jack with the stereo aux input. This is going backwards.
Many people are under the impression if they buy the adapter their new lightning device will work with the old 30 pin devices. Folks are complaining about the price of the adapter and how many they would need. They are in for a big surprise when the adapter is not compatible.
This adapter issue and nano sim card is a deal breaker for my upgrade. I hope I am wrong and the new devices are fully compatible with the old devices when the adapter is used.
- Answered by A B from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What does it mean for "iPod out"?)
will this adapter let me use my new Iphone 5c and my new Ipad air on my under the counter system and my Ihome speaker which both have a 30 pin
- Asked by Judy H from Lake Crystal
- Flag as inappropriate (will this adapter let me use my new Iphone 5c and my new Ipad air on my under the counter system and my Ihome speaker which both have a 30 pin)
No answers yet
Yes, it will - all audio functions and charging functions of the LiNK HD will work using the Apple 30-pin to Lightning Adapter.
- Answered by Bradley W from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with a Peavey Ampkit Link HD (Guitar interface for iPad))
Will the adapter work with Panasonic system
I have Panasonic blue ray system with a docking station will this adaptor work with it on my I phone 5
- Asked by Stanley L
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the adapter work with Panasonic system)
Onkyo nd-s1 and Cambridge id-10 compatibility
Does this adapter work with the Onkyo nd-s1 and cambridge id-10 docking stations? I assume not since I believe that they need a digital rather than analogue.
How can apple design and launch a new connector without thinking through the implications for current owners and ensuring that suitable adapters are available?
- Asked by Sean E
- Flag as inappropriate (Onkyo nd-s1 and Cambridge id-10 compatibility)