Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
334 Questions from the Community
can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad
i want to have a second screen for my xbox one s when friends want to watch TV
- Asked by Jane M from Whittlsea
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad)
can I use xfinity stream with this adapter Lightning Digital AV adapter used with iPad Air
- Asked by Lawrence D from Palm Beach Gardens
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use xfinity stream with this adapter Lightning Digital AV adapter used with iPad Air)
Has anyone had issues streaming video from an iPhone through a projector?
Screen mirroring with my LED projector works fine with internal videos and YouTube, but when using any other streaming video app (Netflix, HBO Go, CW, etc.) the iPhone (8+) screen goes dark & I only get audio. All apps as well as the phone's iOS are the latest versions. I'm using the lightning/USB cable to connect to the projector; is that the problem (e.g. should I be using a lightning/VGA or /HDMI)?
- Asked by Matthew R from Milwaukee
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone had issues streaming video from an iPhone through a projector?)
Yes. I called in to have it logged- hopefully fixed with this new os update
- Answered by Lauren T from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Has anyone had issues streaming video from an iPhone through a projector?)
Will this adapter work with iPhone 8?
- Asked by Kimberly O from New Orleans
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with iPhone 8?)
Does the lightning Charging port need to be plugged in? (Ie. does the lightning HDMI A/V adapter require external power to be functional)
Can the adapter function stand alone without a USB lightning cable connected to AC power adapter?Answer
No. The charging port is to be able to charge the iphone/ipad while using the adapter.
Hello. I have the same set up and the answer is "you can". Problem is, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have no clue why that happens. What I've found is, when only the HULU logo appears and you only get "sound" with no picture, then I log out of HULU completely, close the app completely, then log back in. Sometimes it takes 3 or more attempts of doing this, but eventually it starts streaming to my TV. It's a nuisance and if HULU doesn't address and fix the problem, then I intend to cancel my subscription. Of course, I've tried contacting them, but that doesn't seem to work either. Try this and I hope it works for you..eventually. Good luck.
- Answered by Perry P from Mesa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Why can't I play hulu from my 6 plus to my tv using my lightening av cable adapter. Only audio plays)
I am going to buy 2018 HONDA ODESSEY with rear entertainment system (RES). There is a HDMI port there. Can I connect it my Iphone 8 through this adapt
How long is the cord, I needed a longer cord so I can watch my tv
- Asked by Elaine M from Bethlehem
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the cord, I needed a longer cord so I can watch my tv)
How do I go from my iPhone to 2 projectors?
Our church has two projectors in our sanctuary. I want to display Keynote from my iPhone and this works fine on one projector at a time with the lightning to HDMI adapter. When I try running the signal through an hdmi splitter to both projectors (works fine when using a laptop as a source) it will not recognize the phone's display. Any suggestions for getting around this?
- Asked by Kevin P from Dothan
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I go from my iPhone to 2 projectors?)
Does the Lightning port on the adaptor allow for the iOS device to sync as well as charge? i.e. Is the Lightning port Only for Charging?
I have an ipad6. I have Skype for business loaded on my ipad. I want to connect to a TV with HDMI inputs to conduct a conference call. Will this work?
No answers yet
Yes you can
- Answered by Michael G. K from Cottage Grove
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you play Nexflix)
Has anyone had issues using this adapter to stream netflix or HBO GO on a projector?
Just bought the adapter to use it with my iphone 7 on a projector. The projector plays videos from the phone with both picture and audio as well as videos from different apps such as FB and IG.
When i try to stream videos from NETFLIX or HBO GO, the projector will display the Video but it wont play audio.
Has anyone had this issue before??
- Asked by Julio D from Hialeah
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone had issues using this adapter to stream netflix or HBO GO on a projector?)
I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?
On the pictures of this Lightning to HDMI adapter there looks like to plugs, 1 for the HDMI, what is the other one for?
- Asked by Robert R from Menifee
- Flag as inappropriate (I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?)
The other plug you see is another Lightning. You can use it to recharge your Iphone 5 while you are using the HDMI port.
- Answered by Carlo S from Miane
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?)
How can I split IPhone 7 audio from HDMI Video output to a Lightning->3.5 audio adapter .
I use my IPhone 7 and AV adapter to output video via HDMI to a projector (Projector has no Audio or Audio output).
So of course I get video just fine but no audio.
I need to be able split off the Audio from the HDMI output to a standard 3.5 audio jack.
I've tried using the Lightning->3.5 adapter that came with the phone but when daisy chained off the Digital AV Adapter the IPhone 7 doesn't recognize it.
I know if I have a Bluetooth speaker connected and swipe up on the IPhone I get an option to switch the audio output between HDMI or Bluetooth.
But this option doesn't appear with the Lightning->3.5 adapter
- Asked by Dan K from Naperville
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I split IPhone 7 audio from HDMI Video output to a Lightning->3.5 audio adapter .)
Does a Lightning to Usb / lightning adapter for interface / charging exist ?
I want to charge my Ipad pro , while interfacing to a Soundcraft expression digital mixer that has a usb recording interface for
live recording with a DAW ( Digital Workstation). What I need to know is : Do you know if there is an adapter with this combination .
( Lightning to lightning through and 1 USB A interface for the USB At o B cable ?
- Asked by Frits Bo C
- Flag as inappropriate (Does a Lightning to Usb / lightning adapter for interface / charging exist ?)
The HDMI interface adapter supports charging. You can charge your device using a lightning socket right next to the HDMI output connector in the adapter.
- Answered by Govindra H from Queens
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does a Lightning to Usb / lightning adapter for interface / charging exist ?)
Is it possible to connect a keyboard to the monitor hooked to the iphone so you can use the keyboard on the iphone?
I have an iphone with a defect display so i need to see the iphone screen on the monitor. If the monitor has usb ports I would like to connect a keyboard to the usb ports of the monitor to unlock the iphone. Is this possible?