Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
325 Questions from the Community
Is the iPad Air Smart Case compatible with the Lightning AV Adapter?
- Asked by Timothy K T from Northridge
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the iPad Air Smart Case compatible with the Lightning AV Adapter?)
Yes, the connector is the same size as the one on your charger.
- Answered by Nathan L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is the iPad Air Smart Case compatible with the Lightning AV Adapter?)
Will the Lightning Digital AV Adapter mirror skype from my iPhone 5 onto my HD telly? I want to use my phone as the webcam to view skype on my telly.
No answers yet
Does this work with Flixster?
I've read the horror story reviews of all the services and apps that this does not work with. I'm going to go ahead an assume it works with the native iOS video app and will play video sourced through iTunes, but I would also like to know if it will work with the Flixster app and play UltraViolet content.
- Asked by Andrew Y
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Flixster?)
Look on the back/side of your TV and see what sort of input connector you have. There is no confusing the two with each other. (See pictures these two different connectors of Apple website.) If you have both I'd go with the digital av.
- Answered by Robert P from Placitas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how do I know if need the lightning digital av adapter or the vga adapter for my tv?)
can you watch hulu or tubeplus ,netflix or any other streaming video on a ipad retina display?
I want to be able to download movies from various sites usibng different formats for example avi movies and i want to watch my tv shows on the website tubeplus on a ipad retina display and when at home on my tv.
- Asked by Martin W from Larkspur
- Flag as inappropriate (can you watch hulu or tubeplus ,netflix or any other streaming video on a ipad retina display?)
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
I'm looking to scale down my 15" MBP Retina to an iPad Air2. I'm traveling more and more for work, so space/weight remaining at a premium, particularly when crossing the Atlantic. My major concern is whether I'll have the ability to connect to a larger screen via Airplay or via the lightning/HDMI adapter to a larger screen for writing with Pages, Keynote, and more. I don't see an issue for presenting per se, but it would be wonderful if I could find a way to plug into a nice 22"+ monitor in a hotel room or in my home office. Is this possible? Am I condemned to just slightly reducing my travel tech with either a 13" MBP or MBA?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
will this work for a Logitech wireless mouse... or other mice?
- Asked by Harland B from Dallas
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work for a Logitech wireless mouse... or other mice?)
No unfortunately it does not work with sky go.
- Answered by David L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Lighting Digital AV Adapter work with the SKY GO APP on the iPhone5s?.)
Ipad to smartboard projector?
Best way to connect?
Smartboard is currectly working with a Dell PC at my school, I want to sometimes project education apps from my Ipad for my students
- Asked by R C from Oxford
- Flag as inappropriate (Ipad to smartboard projector?)
Piggyback Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning / Ethernet adapter
I'd like to hardwire an iPad to my network and a monitor for Airplay, as RF interference in the room degrades all wireless connections ;-( Is it possible to piggyback connectors, by plugging the Lightning Digital AV Adapter in the iPad then plugging a lightning to Ethernet adapter into the AV adapter? Thanks to anyone who's tried it and can share their success or not.
- Asked by Dave N from Ardsley On Hudson
- Flag as inappropriate (Piggyback Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning / Ethernet adapter)
Will this work with the app TV Catchup?
I have an app called TV Catchup on my iPhone 5, would I be able to watch this using the lead on my TV in my bedroom?
- Asked by Dean W
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the app TV Catchup?)
Will it work on iPhone running iOS 8.1.2
- Asked by Martin M
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work on iPhone running iOS 8.1.2)
When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?
iPhone 5 is at 1136x640, so when connected to an HDTV, does the TV get sent a 640p signal, or a 720p signal where everything is slightly blurry from upscaling? If it sends a 640p signal, then you could decide for yourself with the TV's options whether to upscale or leave the image with a border around it.
- Asked by Darren K from Lexington
- Flag as inappropriate (When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?)
Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?
I have an iphone 5 and the current cable adapters does not support video when plugged into my double din car stereo for navigation; does this A/V adapter work?
- Asked by Alfredo A from Concord
- Flag as inappropriate (Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?)
You will need this plug plus an HDMI to Composite converter... then you should have no problem.. I did it in all my cars. There is a mini one you can buy and hide behind your dash leaving just the HDMI exposed.
- Answered by Scott G from Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)