Questions & Answers for Apple Thunderbolt Cable (0.5m) - White
68 Questions from the Community
Thunderbolt to MINI DVI
What cable do I need to connect a Macbook Air (2011) thunderbolt port to a 24" iMac (2008) DVI port to be able to run the Macbook Air in target mode. In other words, the iMac would act as an external display for the new Macbook Air.
Thank you in advance,
- Asked by Janet R from Lakewood
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt to MINI DVI)
Is Thunderbolt really slower than FireWire 800 in Target Disk Mode?
Just wondering if this was true and if so, there was a firmware update coming down the pike. Don't want to waste my money on this cable unless it's going work well for Target Disk Mode. Thanks!
- Asked by Dan M from Stockton
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Thunderbolt really slower than FireWire 800 in Target Disk Mode?)
I have found Firewire 800 to be faster.
4GB File took 1.5 min with Thunderbolt in Target Disc Mode
Same file took 54 sec. with Firewire 800
Not sure why ?
- Answered by James M from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is Thunderbolt really slower than FireWire 800 in Target Disk Mode?)
Will this cable enable you to use the Mid 2010 iMac with Mini Display Port as a display for the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt in clam shell mode?
No answers yet
Can I use this as a networking cable, like an ethernet cable?
When Wi-Fi is being too slow, I currently use an ethernet cable to connect my MacBook Pro to my mac mini server, running the Minecraft server software. Can I use this Thunderbolt cable instead of the ethernet cable I have been using, for an even faster connection?
- Asked by Seth T from Glen Allen
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this as a networking cable, like an ethernet cable?)
Can this cable transfer data from a windows PC to Mac?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable transfer data from a windows PC to Mac?)
No, there is no Windows PC's out there with thunderbolt ports yet.
- Answered by Ryan G from Abbotsford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can this cable transfer data from a windows PC to Mac?)
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
I upgraded from the Macbook Pro 2010 model to the new Macbook Air. I transfered the data from the Pro to my iMac via firewire. Now I need to transfer the same data from iMac to the new MBA with thunderbolt. Is there a cable that connects the firewire port on my iMac to the thunderbolt port on the new MBA?Best Answer:
If you are using transferring all of your data to the other Mac, the easiest and fastest way is to use 'Migration Assistant' with an ethernet cable as it can reach speeds of up to 2gb/s.
- Answered by Joseph C from Brighton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?)